Welding chain links? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Welding chain links?

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Xtant
Currently Depolyed

Welding chain links?

I'm wanting to fuse chain links together in order to make a stick figure body. I know, it sounds a bit cheesy, but I just wanna do it. I have access to a stick welder, but that's it (I miss my MIG back in the states).

I can just weld the links together into the shape I want. However, it seems like there should be a way to get the links to fuse together by running a current through the chain. I know I've seen stuff like that, just can't find any How To's.

Any ideas?

Xtant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

you need to cause a dead short in them..example..Using one of those jumper boxes and hooking the positive side to one end and the negative to he other..

CAUTION sparks will fly and cables will maybe melt..
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #3
Xtant
Currently Depolyed

I just hit em with a stick...

No pics. Well, I have some, just nowhere good to upload and an internet connection that takes at least 5 minutes to upload a less that 200 kb pic.

Anybody interested can check out my Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/kyxtant . If anyone wants to download, host and post my default pic, feel free to...
Unread 10-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #4
chadsmeltzer
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtant
I just hit em with a stick...

No pics. Well, I have some, just nowhere good to upload and an internet connection that takes at least 5 minutes to upload a less that 200 kb pic.

Anybody interested can check out my Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/kyxtant . If anyone wants to download, host and post my default pic, feel free to...
anything for someone fighting for us
Unread 10-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #5
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thats cool. when are you coming back to KY?
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 01:42 AM   #6
Xtant
Currently Depolyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86
Thats cool. when are you coming back to KY?
A while. Can't really say, but it'll be a long while. I enjoy it here, for now.

Nothing like cruising the streets of Baghdad with 16 tons of armor...

Oh yeah, and thanks for linking my pic...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.