Welder leaking gas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Welder leaking gas?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
carvex
1976 CJ5 

Welder leaking gas?

Not being a welder myself, I'm asking this question for a friend. He has a Lincoln MIG which has worked great for years. He bought a small tank of gas (I'm not sure what it is, sorry), and hooked it up the same as usual, and it had 2000psi to start. He blew through the entire tank in less than half a roll of wire. Same thing with the next tank. The regulator also reads a lower pressure every time he looks at it. It's like it's leaking, but the main valve is always off when not welding for more than a few minutes. Is it possible to have a super slow leak on 2 tanks in a row? I don't know much about them other than the basic function. Thanks!

carvex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:11 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take a bottle of Windex or soapy water and just check everything for leaks. I go through a bottle @ every two years and several rolls of 11lb rolls.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.