tubing bender - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-20-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
ugrider21

tubing bender

hey all you fab guys, i really want to get into making my own stuff, and i want to start off easy with a simple front hoop resembling the Warn one. the only problem is.......tools and supplies. i have access to welders, but not benders. i was considering getting one. what would you guys suggest? are the manual ones easy to use? should i just save up and get an electric one? tell me all you know!!!
also, what kind of tubing should i use? also, tell me all you guys know about that.
i'll be sure to post up about my hoop when i start getting it done.

thanks alot!

'97 Sport green, 4.0 5spd, Bestop supertop, RE 3.5", 33x10.5 BFG a/ts on 15x8 Cragar 397's, Warn rockcrawler front bumper, KC 100W on windshield, Hella 500 fogs on bumper, K&N intake, Flowmaster 40, Herc'd interior, B&M shortthrow, PORC SYE, Collis custom CV shaft, Nth Degree rear UCA's, Gopher-it bell-up, Novak t-case shifter, MORE 1" MML/BL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Down&Dirty

Look at a JD model 2 or 3. Check over on pirate4x4 and you can find them used with a die. Won't save much money though. A good manual bender with a single size die will run you almost $700. Some will suggest the simple harbor frieght or northern tools hydralic bender, but these are a waste of money. They will kink the tube or flatten it out when bending. Tubing should be DOM and if that is too much money you can go to HREW.

53 willys wagon with less of rust and no more bugs. Now sporting a 1988 wagoneer frame, amc 360, dana 44's.

'80 CJ-5, full width, 3 link front, 1/4 elliptical rear, 38's, and propane.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-21-2005, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
ugrider21

thanks for the info! i'll look into that

'97 Sport green, 4.0 5spd, Bestop supertop, RE 3.5", 33x10.5 BFG a/ts on 15x8 Cragar 397's, Warn rockcrawler front bumper, KC 100W on windshield, Hella 500 fogs on bumper, K&N intake, Flowmaster 40, Herc'd interior, B&M shortthrow, PORC SYE, Collis custom CV shaft, Nth Degree rear UCA's, Gopher-it bell-up, Novak t-case shifter, MORE 1" MML/BL.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.