Tube Clamps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Tube Clamps

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
MikNov
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Tube Clamps

Anyone ever come across a cheaply priced tube clamps or interlocking tube clamps?

Most I come across are 30 bucks plus shipping. For 4 of them that's over a 100 beans!

MikNov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

what diameter are you looking for and what do you want to use them for?

www.mcmaster.com sells some slightly less expensive pipe clamps that will work to hold small stuff, like a guage pod, GPS or CB mic.

Similarly, I didn't want to spend 30 bucks on a tube clamp. McMaster didn't have the size I wanted either.

So, I made my own: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/gps-mount-roll-bar-797765/ . But then again, I've got access to an engine lathe and material. It took me over a week, working a few hours each day to finish. Thats a lot of wasted time in front of a lathe & mill to save $30....but I learned a lot in the process.

When you think about it...$30 ain't bad at all. Rokmen sells some DIY clamps: http://www.rokmen.com/products/diy_f...be_clamps.html
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #3
MikNov
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No, you're right. At first thought 30 bucks is a lot, but then once you sit and ponder, they're no joke..
MikNov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.