trying to remove doors on my 93 xj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > trying to remove doors on my 93 xj

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #1
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

trying to remove doors on my 93 xj

im trying to take my doors off and was wondering if theres anyway i can do it without having to cut into the actual metal ? the wires im not worried about i can make a plug for that. but i saw like a pin or something that held the hinges together didnt know if i could beat that out then put something new in it or what. or even if they sell Cherokee door quick disconnects.

ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
ltrail
1984 XJ Cherokee 

The door pins can be hammered out. One goes down and the other had to be hammered upwards if I remember correctly. Replace with some bolts or harbor freight quick pins.
Unread 11-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Drivers side hammered down, passengers up. If you have an air compressor I'd highly suggest you invest in an air hammer. 1/4" bit will drill the holes on the hinges out just enough to fit in quick pins.

Much easier to cut the hinges, even with a quality air hammer you can just chisel through them. You can also unbolt them but you'll need shallow torx bits and a lot of patience.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.