Tomb Raider's Shop - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Tomb Raider's Shop

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #181
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcrawlr View Post
Thats a nice shop space you have Scott. Mine would be great if it wasn't filled up with all my crap! Too many tools and toys. I get that numbness every once and a while. I'm sure I have some damage from all my dirtbike crashes. What was the spine injury from?
I've got no idea what it was from. Didn't "fall" or anything traumatic. Personally I think it's all the sitting/hunching from a computer desk day job...but what do I know.

Yeah...shop seems to fill up quick, that's for sure ! Hoping for a 2post lift sometime this spring....time will tell !

Unread 01-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #182
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Buddy of mine put the 220v in my new shop...so I wanted to repay the favor with something. He had talked about wanting a chess table for his back deck....I thought I would give it a go....

Unread 01-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #183
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Back at it at the shop....

Zach sent some .dxf files for me to cut out for him. They weren't positioned as tight as they could be, but it was still half sheet worth and since the files were not mine, I left it. Cut, cleaned up, boxed up and sent out in less than a week Felt bad for the skinny UPS guy having to move the 87lb box off the scale....like watching a weeble wobble !!

Then moved on to finishing up a TJ bumper and getting it out the door. He wanted it "raw' with nothing but clearcoat on it. Had to make extra sure on the welds Thanks Jimmy for letting me build it for you !

While all that action has been going on, doing some frame repair on a CJ frame and got some orders for XJ front bumpers, unicycle parts, engine swap...misc......

Back to work !!

Side note...loving the new shop, amazing what having a little space can do for productivity.
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #184
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldorado Customs View Post
Back at it at the shop....

Zach sent some .dxf files for me to cut out for him. They weren't positioned as tight as they could be, but it was still half sheet worth and since the files were not mine, I left it. Cut, cleaned up, boxed up and sent out in less than a week Felt bad for the skinny UPS guy having to move the 87lb box off the scale....like watching a weeble wobble !!
Hey Scott, UPS delivered my bumper today. Thanks for the incredible turn around, and the “second to none” customer service. I’ll be in touch for the back in a couple of months.
zarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 08:55 PM   #185
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarnold View Post

Hey Scott, UPS delivered my bumper today. Thanks for the incredible turn around, and the “second to none” customer service. I’ll be in touch for the back in a couple of months.
Glad I could help Zach ! Make sure to post up some pics when you get it done !
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:09 AM   #186
Unii
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldorado Customs View Post

While all that action has been going on, doing some frame repair on a CJ frame and got some orders for XJ front bumpers, unicycle parts, engine swap...misc......

Back to work !!

Side note...loving the new shop, amazing what having a little space can do for productivity.
haha thanks for the "unicycle parts" they are actually upper strut mounts for miatas to give more travel
Unii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #187
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unii View Post

haha thanks for the "unicycle parts" they are actually upper strut mounts for miatas to give more travel
That **** is funny.... Don't care who you are...
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:48 PM   #188
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

It was a busy weekend at the shop. Acquired a project YJ.

The plan: start from scratch, literally from a bare frame, with a bunch of parts and end up with something that has a Jeep grill on it

PARTS:

95 YJ/97 TJ
The body on the YJ is significantly cut on.
TheYJ frame is well...basically gone.
97 TJ rust free and stock frame and tub is acquired off craigslist for the build.

Suspension components:
2" x 1/4" links
large (not sure on size) heim joints on all ends
2.0 FOA 16" coilovers

Axles:

14 bolt rear with factory 4:10's.* Dual caliper disc brake setup.* BTF cover
10 bolt front.* Dana 44 outers with high steer arms and heim joints.* Again, new brake parts as well. Will upgrade axle next winter.

Driveline:

LM7 5.3 Vortec engine from 2000 chevy truck comes with new custom wiring harness/flashed PCM and aluminum radiator.
SM465 manual tranny (not a fan of manual for offroad, but may use it depending)
NP205 tcase (refreshed with clocking ring adapter) Has been modified and includes twin stick kit already on it. New SYE with 1410 joint yoke.

Tires/wheels:

TrailworthFab 8 bolt H1 wheels with rock rings already welded and ready to go.
37" Military BFGs with 75% + tread Plan will be to run the 37s till winter...then go 42s next spring with a front axle upgrade.

Those are the majority of the "big" parts. There are tons of knick knack parts that are with it as well....

Right now I'm going to sit down and formulate a "plan" of attack. Once I have that on paper....time to do work.

Here's how it rolled/fell into the shop this weekend...

And the shop....tthat looks like a jeep hoarder is there

Unread 02-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #189
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

What's the wheelbase gonna be? It's looking like its off to a good start. What happened to the yj section thread? It said moved and then it was gone..
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #190
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjcrawlr View Post
What's the wheelbase gonna be? It's looking like its off to a good start. What happened to the yj section thread? It said moved and then it was gone..
Mods moved it to the build threads. Not a fan of having multiple places for tech. So I decided to just keep the info together in "my" thread. Im shooting for 106.
Unread 02-27-2014, 01:28 PM   #191
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

No real updates on the shop project....been too busy doing customer work. Did manage to get the front of the shop re-situated for space organization. Other than that....just buildin' bumpers !!

Unread 03-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #192
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

More victims.....

Massive late model chevy stepside with a fresh 350, leaf spring conversion on the front held up by a 60/14bt set of axles....locked ! Fun project.

Customer wanted a tube bumper built to help protect, but has an old HUGE ramsey winch/mount on the front he wants it built around.....challenge accepted !!

Unread 03-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #193
AtTheHelm

Dang that mount sticks out a mile..
Post pics when you're done can't wait to see what you come up with!
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2014, 08:09 PM   #194
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long . Really nice work , look forward to seeing what you build .
Unread 03-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #195
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Well.....as usual...plans changed on the personal shop project

I had planned on taking the "parts" from the white YJ above and moving them to a TJ tub/frame, but.....I couldn't resist this.

I sold off the TJ tub/frame and picked this up for my donor

1949 Willys CJ3A

The YJ has been dismantled...nothing left but the axles/tires/wheels/coilovers and the engine/tranny.

Time to get cutting !!!!

In other items, got another victim in this week. 2010 JK unlimited for front and rear bumpers and a full set of skids. Should be a fun build as the owner gave full reign to build something custom. I've wanted to change up the style of the rear JK bumper for awhile...so now's my chance

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.