Tomb Raider's Shop - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Tomb Raider's Shop

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #166
8pitcher
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Next time I'm over that way ill have to stop by!

Built Not Bought #640[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]

1976ish cj5 304 t18 d20 2.5" lift

some year YJ custom frame HP D60 14 bolt 4 linked front rear FI 350 700r4 NP231c

2009 JK 4 door 2.5" lift 35" tires custom bumpers mile marker 9500# winch
8pitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #167
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Been quiet at the shop....as in lights out....

Had surgery last week for pain/numbness in arms/hands. Doc said nothing over 8-10lbs for 3 weeks Pretty inconvenient considering I just forked out significant cash for the new shop...

Unread 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #168
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

So.. what was the cause of the numbness?.. Carpul Tunnel? I deal with severe carpul tunnel and trigger finger on a daily basis. Past year or two, it's so bad that it wakes me at night.

What's happened there on your neck?

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #169
zarnold
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldorado Customs
Been quiet at the shop....as in lights out.... Had surgery last week for pain/numbness in arms/hands. Doc said nothing over 8-10lbs for 3 weeks Pretty inconvenient considering I just forked out significant cash for the new shop...
Scott, this is terrible news, and the timing could not be worse. You gotta hang in there!
zarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #170
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK
So.. what was the cause of the numbness?.. Carpul Tunnel? I deal with severe carpul tunnel and trigger finger on a daily basis. Past year or two, it's so bad that it wakes me at night.

What's happened there on your neck?
Blown disc between C6-C7 vertebrae. You mostly hear of it in L-spine area(low back) but in this case...my neck. It all started with waking up one morning with that "slept wrong" pain between my shoulder blades/neck. Hurt to turn head...Yada yada. That lasted for a few weeks and a trip to the doctor. Nothing relieved it. Then the numbness. Started with right hand, thumb and first finger. That prickly feeling when your hand goes numb and "wakes up.". That turned to whole hand. Then right elbow, top side, started hurting. Not to touch...but an ache that would all but stop me in my tracks. This would wake me at night as well. After another 2 trips to doc and steroid shot in my back...started hurting/numbness in left side as well. MRI confirmed disc blew out the back and was pushing on spinal cord.

The cut on the neck is where they went in through the front of my neck to remove the disc and fuse the two vertebrae with bone graft and a spray of bone marrow from my own hip as well as small plate with couple screws to hold it all together. Woke up to instant relief with no more numbness. Right arm has zero pain and left getting better each day.

Mostly stiff and sore as they have to jack your vertebrae up a bit (separate) to get the disc out, so my muscles hurt. Laying down is the worst at this point, sitting marginal. Standing is best. Anyway...just doing very little, which is tough, and taking it easy. When I push it...I hurt in the evening...so I'm going slow. No weight over 8-10lbs for 3weeks with no gym weights for 6 months till fully healed.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 12-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #171
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Wow!

Yeah.. I've herniated a couple disks in the lower L1/L5 region. Wouldn't wish that kind of debilitating pain on my worst enemy.

Good to hear you woke up to some relief. Here's to a speedy (and full) recovery!!!!

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #172
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Managed to slowly get back in the shop. It sure is nice to be working in a new warm shop when it's 18 degrees outside. Finished up this cherokee bumper for a customer this weekend. His rig is strictly for trail, so he didn't want a receiver or tire carrier. Bolts through the "frame" horns with 2x4 tube mounts to ensure no flex and he doesn't ever have any trouble getting unstuck

Unread 12-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #173
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Sold the JK this week.

Bought a shop truck. Couldn't pass up 2800 bucks for an Arizona truck with no rust. It's ugly and a little beat up...but the 454 runs like a champ and the 4wheel drive will come in handy this winter Passed inspection with flying colors....ready for haulin'

Unread 12-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #174
AtTheHelm

Nice pickup. So you sold your JK, what's next?
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #175
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Nice pickup. So you sold your JK, what's next?

Hard tellin'. The current shop project is a cherokee. My plan is to get it going with some armor and sell it off for a project YJ or TJ...but time will tell.
Unread 12-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #176
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helldorado Customs View Post

Hard tellin'. The current shop project is a cherokee. My plan is to get it going with some armor and sell it off for a project YJ or TJ...but time will tell.
Tomb Raider! part deux??
Unread 12-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #177
YJWookiee13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wow! awesome work and Good luck on the new shop!
YJWookiee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #178
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YJWookiee13 View Post
Wow! awesome work and Good luck on the new shop!
Thanks !

A little before and after shot of the fabrication area of the shop. Table reassembled/leveled/squared up. Gantry was realigned. Rest of the fab area was cleaned up and organized. Going to build a new welding table next.

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #179
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks goes out to Ryon for sending back some pics of his bumper on his trail rig. This was a fun "one off" as he wanted the ends high on the edge to match his upcoming folded quarters. Happy new year to all !!

Unread 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #180
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thats a nice shop space you have Scott. Mine would be great if it wasn't filled up with all my crap! Too many tools and toys. I get that numbness every once and a while. I'm sure I have some damage from all my dirtbike crashes. What was the spine injury from?
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.