I've been gone from home for the last month basically other than 2 days...so today was back in the shop for some hard work. Managed to finish up the rear bumpers I've been working on. Cut out some 3/4" clevis mounts for them.
After that....I did a little "nesting" for the first time. Tanner here on the forums needed some parts for what I assume is for unicycles....Was nice to hit "go" and let the machine work while I did other things:
Then it was a tailgate cover for Dave here on the forums.
Heading out to springfield tomorrow, then back in the shop on sunday....cheers !
When nesting round or oval items in a grid pattern, you might experiment with shifting every other row over. That might fill in the space a little better.
Those little open areas are also great places for small gussets, light tabs.. etc.
I'd rather sell a $2.00 tab, than turn in $.02 in scrap.
Nice cut on that Clevis Mount. Are you cutting that from sheet or bar stock? I've only pierced 3/4" a few times with my 1250.. looked like a mini volcano eruption..
Thanks for the tip Eddie ! Sometimes I'm too busy looking at the little things to overlook the easy things...much appreciated ! And at this point... every $1.98 counts !
As for the clevis, it's bar stock 4" wide, 3/4" thick by however long I get at the time. To get the pierce, I set the pierce height at recommended....but with no delay. Then I set the lead in at the radius of the hole. When the torch fires, it is at pierce height but begins plunging immediately as well as moving through the lead in. By the time it hits the actual path, it's pierced and cutting as normal. For the outside edges...I set the lead-in points the same so the torch actually fires just off the edge of the bar-stock and in reality is cutting normal rather than a pierce. All of this keeps the "volcano" from killing the consumable.
So I haven't been able to get to the shop much lately. Unfortunately my "day job" has been extremely busy. With that said, had some time this weekend to work on a full width bumper design. I've had good success with the stubby I make, so I wanted to keep some of the same lines while putting a little flare to it. When I design usually, it's on paper and then cardboard to mock it up. I'm going to skip all that this time and see what happens Bare with me...I'm no solidworks guru, just an analog guy in a digital world.
Also put the tailgate cover into solidworks as well for fun....
I like to build stuff. Want to know what I build, you can google it HERE