TNT Tube fenders - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > TNT Tube fenders

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
davidkaiser05
2001 TJ Wrangler 

TNT Tube fenders

I installed a set of 4.5" tube fenders front and rear about three years ago. Since then I have had problems with the compound that I used to seal the gap between the sheet metal and the tube on the front fenders. It has caused my paint job that I spent so much time on to crack along the seem. I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion on what would be a good compound to use to seal the gap and not have any shrinking or swelling to cause paint problems. I do have a welder but I would prefer not to weld the whole seem up because of the thin sheet metal being hard to keep from burning through.

davidkaiser05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.