TJ Wrangler trailer build . - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > TJ Wrangler trailer build .

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My wife kept me busy all day , and we had santa assembly tonight . But I still managed to get the tub bolted down and the tongue fully assembled .

Now that its on its wheels I am starting to figure a few things out . The first thing is I have to add leaf or two back into the spring pack . It is so soft right now that any weight in the bed will make it start to squat . The second thing is that I need some bigger tires ! It looks so funny on the 235s , but all in due time. Maybe I can hitch up to it and tow it around the yard tomorrow . Hope all of yall have a Merry Christmas .

Unread 12-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #62
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's not done yet? Hehe just kidding buddy

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #63
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
It's not done yet? Hehe just kidding buddy
Flu has been kicking my butt for the last two weeks . It will get test towed tomorrow if the weather allows . Then theres still a lot of finish work to do , and that doesnt take all the body work into account .
Unread 12-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #64
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Test towed around the yard today to see how things worked.

I didnt get up to much speed , but it towed nice and straight without any bouncing . I drove up all over and even backed up the gulley with no issues. The
gspup aka Mike multi axis coupler worked great and is very easy to hook up . The trailer is back in the garage and ready for the bodywork to start , but it was nice to tow it today .
Unread 12-31-2012, 04:20 PM   #65
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got the hinges off of the Cj tailgate and freed up tonight . Also got the Tj tailgate in place but the hinges dont sit flush ? I guess I need the other piece of plastic trim ? Either way I hope to mount the tailgates this week and weld up the uneeded holes on the tub . The wiring harness is ready to go in too , though I still have to come up with a set of tail lights .
Unread 12-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #66
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Lovin the work mate. Here's where im upto

Need to add some timber slats for the sides and am doing a timber floor too.

VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM   #67
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Lovin the work mate. Here's where im upto

Need to add some timber slats for the sides and am doing a timber floor too.

Its coming together , should make for a great scout supplies hauler . Any plans for a tonneau ?
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #68
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Once its had the woodwork done im going to make a canvas cover for it and also a rack that i can fit a roof top tent to (removable)

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-t...s/?ex=item_1_2
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #69
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Once its had the woodwork done im going to make a canvas cover for it and also a rack that i can fit a roof top tent to (removable)

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-t...s/?ex=item_1_2
I want to run something similar once the trailer is complete , but the price is tough to swallow . Maybe I will just put my Eureka up there
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #70
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

I got the hinges off of the Cj tailgate and freed up tonight . Also got the Tj tailgate in place but the hinges dont sit flush ? I guess I need the other piece of plastic trim ? Either way I hope to mount the tailgates this week and weld up the uneeded holes on the tub . The wiring harness is ready to go in too , though I still have to come up with a set of tail lights .
Nice!

You planning on using stock jeep taillights? I think some LED cut in would look killer

Molon Labe
Unread 01-01-2013, 10:28 PM   #71
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I want to run something similar once the trailer is complete , but the price is tough to swallow . Maybe I will just put my Eureka up there
I really wish I could justify the price for a RTT as well. Been checking Craigslist but no luck

Molon Labe
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #72
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice!

You planning on using stock jeep taillights? I think some LED cut in would look killer
I am torn between recessed and stockers . I like how the stock ones look , but the added durability of the recessed ones will likely sway me that direction .
Quote:
I really wish I could justify the price for a RTT as well. Been checking Craigslist but no luck
The cheapest I have seen one used is $600 and in retrospect I probably should have bought it .
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #73
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am torn between recessed and stockers . I like how the stock ones look , but the added durability of the recessed ones will likely sway me that direction .

The cheapest I have seen one used is $600 and in retrospect I probably should have bought it .
Gotcha, the flush mounts look sweet, go that way

Molon Labe
Unread 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #74
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gotcha, the flush mounts look sweet, go that way
I am leaning that way as my trailer backing skills are mediocre , and that makes the stock tail lights a bulls eye .
Unread 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #75
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The CJ tailgate has been a lot more work than I thought it would be . *

I had to drill out one bolt on each of the hinges and this left a nice round hole .

First up after drilling the old bolts out was to make an access hole to weld the new nut in .

Heres the nut welded in top and bottom . I also flapper wheeled it smooth so that the hinge would sit level . The last step was to run the tap through the nuts so that the new bolts will go in smoothly .

Lastly the tailgate is in place and the holes are drilled in the tub for the hinges . I need to drill an access hole and make two plates to go inside the tub for the hinges to attach to and the tailgate will be attached . I still need to get cables and the fold down retainers to finish the tailgate install .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.