TJ Wrangler trailer build . - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > TJ Wrangler trailer build .

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #61
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My wife kept me busy all day , and we had santa assembly tonight . But I still managed to get the tub bolted down and the tongue fully assembled .

Now that its on its wheels I am starting to figure a few things out . The first thing is I have to add leaf or two back into the spring pack . It is so soft right now that any weight in the bed will make it start to squat . The second thing is that I need some bigger tires ! It looks so funny on the 235s , but all in due time. Maybe I can hitch up to it and tow it around the yard tomorrow . Hope all of yall have a Merry Christmas .

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #62
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's not done yet? Hehe just kidding buddy

Molon Labe
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #63
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
It's not done yet? Hehe just kidding buddy
Flu has been kicking my butt for the last two weeks . It will get test towed tomorrow if the weather allows . Then theres still a lot of finish work to do , and that doesnt take all the body work into account .
Unread 12-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #64
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Test towed around the yard today to see how things worked.

I didnt get up to much speed , but it towed nice and straight without any bouncing . I drove up all over and even backed up the gulley with no issues. The
gspup aka Mike multi axis coupler worked great and is very easy to hook up . The trailer is back in the garage and ready for the bodywork to start , but it was nice to tow it today .
Unread 12-31-2012, 05:20 PM   #65
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got the hinges off of the Cj tailgate and freed up tonight . Also got the Tj tailgate in place but the hinges dont sit flush ? I guess I need the other piece of plastic trim ? Either way I hope to mount the tailgates this week and weld up the uneeded holes on the tub . The wiring harness is ready to go in too , though I still have to come up with a set of tail lights .
Unread 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #66
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Lovin the work mate. Here's where im upto

Need to add some timber slats for the sides and am doing a timber floor too.

VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #67
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Lovin the work mate. Here's where im upto

Need to add some timber slats for the sides and am doing a timber floor too.

Its coming together , should make for a great scout supplies hauler . Any plans for a tonneau ?
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:13 PM   #68
VooDoo2
1978 CJ7 

Once its had the woodwork done im going to make a canvas cover for it and also a rack that i can fit a roof top tent to (removable)

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-t...s/?ex=item_1_2
VooDoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #69
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo2 View Post
Once its had the woodwork done im going to make a canvas cover for it and also a rack that i can fit a roof top tent to (removable)

http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-t...s/?ex=item_1_2
I want to run something similar once the trailer is complete , but the price is tough to swallow . Maybe I will just put my Eureka up there
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #70
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

I got the hinges off of the Cj tailgate and freed up tonight . Also got the Tj tailgate in place but the hinges dont sit flush ? I guess I need the other piece of plastic trim ? Either way I hope to mount the tailgates this week and weld up the uneeded holes on the tub . The wiring harness is ready to go in too , though I still have to come up with a set of tail lights .
Nice!

You planning on using stock jeep taillights? I think some LED cut in would look killer

Molon Labe
Unread 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #71
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I want to run something similar once the trailer is complete , but the price is tough to swallow . Maybe I will just put my Eureka up there
I really wish I could justify the price for a RTT as well. Been checking Craigslist but no luck

Molon Labe
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #72
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice!

You planning on using stock jeep taillights? I think some LED cut in would look killer
I am torn between recessed and stockers . I like how the stock ones look , but the added durability of the recessed ones will likely sway me that direction .
Quote:
I really wish I could justify the price for a RTT as well. Been checking Craigslist but no luck
The cheapest I have seen one used is $600 and in retrospect I probably should have bought it .
Unread 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #73
Molonlabemike
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am torn between recessed and stockers . I like how the stock ones look , but the added durability of the recessed ones will likely sway me that direction .

The cheapest I have seen one used is $600 and in retrospect I probably should have bought it .
Gotcha, the flush mounts look sweet, go that way

Molon Labe
Unread 01-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #74
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gotcha, the flush mounts look sweet, go that way
I am leaning that way as my trailer backing skills are mediocre , and that makes the stock tail lights a bulls eye .
Unread 01-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #75
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The CJ tailgate has been a lot more work than I thought it would be . *

I had to drill out one bolt on each of the hinges and this left a nice round hole .

First up after drilling the old bolts out was to make an access hole to weld the new nut in .

Heres the nut welded in top and bottom . I also flapper wheeled it smooth so that the hinge would sit level . The last step was to run the tap through the nuts so that the new bolts will go in smoothly .

Lastly the tailgate is in place and the holes are drilled in the tub for the hinges . I need to drill an access hole and make two plates to go inside the tub for the hinges to attach to and the tailgate will be attached . I still need to get cables and the fold down retainers to finish the tailgate install .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.