TJ Wrangler trailer build . - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > TJ Wrangler trailer build .

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-31-2013, 09:22 PM   #196
Sahara707

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Those look great. One day I'm going to try mounting my spare on my Trailer. Curious.

trailer build. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/a...build-1558519/

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:23 PM   #197
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara707 View Post
Those look great. One day I'm going to try mounting my spare on my Trailer. Curious.

Thanks , I like it better too . One nice thing about the 35s on the trailer is that they are the same size as the tires on the LJ so I only need one spare tire . Could you rob the spare tire assembly off of a mini truck and tuck it underneath your trailer ?
Unread 12-31-2013, 10:49 PM   #198
Sahara707

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mines on the back with a TJ tire mount. I can unlatch the tailgate and lift the tire and tailgate off in one piece. It's a good counter weight to the ice chest up front.

image-1755034860.jpg

Unread 03-30-2014, 11:49 AM   #199
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

After a busy first quarter I now have a little time at home and its time to get the tonneau completed . I know what I want to do for struts and I think I know how I am going to make the hinges . The last piece of the puzzle I need is latches . I have looked at some Southco and Perkins stuff , but I would love to use something that someone on here knows works . Post up any ideas , and I will be posting pictures of the tonneau getting finished over the next few weeks .
Unread 03-30-2014, 12:51 PM   #200
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
After a busy first quarter I now have a little time at home and its time to get the tonneau completed . I know what I want to do for struts and I think I know how I am going to make the hinges . The last piece of the puzzle I need is latches . I have looked at some Southco and Perkins stuff , but I would love to use something that someone on here knows works . Post up any ideas , and I will be posting pictures of the tonneau getting finished over the next few weeks .
I used these on the hard cover for my military trailer kit. They'd work fine on a Jeep-tub trailer as well. Very strong, adjustable, and a provision for a padlock.

I mounted them with the mechanism on the lid, catch on the tub, so when I remove the cover, only the small catch remains on the tub.

They're available in most RV stores in white and silver, I found these black ones on eBay.

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #201
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Today I made it over to Mark at Metalmorphosis and he tigged up the corners on the tonneau for me . This is him at work on low and high as he starts and finishes the welds .

I didnt get many pictures today as we were pretty busy but I did get a few after I got back home tonight .

Super custom White Oak prop stick .

I will get some better pictures tomorrow as I work on the struts and the bracing.
Unread 04-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #202
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
I used these on the hard cover for my military trailer kit. They'd work fine on a Jeep-tub trailer as well. Very strong, adjustable, and a provision for a padlock.

They're available in most RV stores in white and silver, I found these black ones on eBay.
Do you what they are called? Those look just about perfect and I can't seem to find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Today I made it over to Mark at Metalmorphosis and he tigged up the corners on the tonneau for me . This is him at work on low and high as he starts and finishes the welds .

I will get some better pictures tomorrow as I work on the struts and the bracing.
Looks good, you planning to paint the lid too or are we going with the Beasley shine on this one?
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #203
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Looks good, you planning to paint the lid too or are we going with the Beasley shine on this one?
After being blinded by the top while we were working yesterday it is definitely getting painted or line-x'd . Hendrix suggested leaving the edges polished and painting the top and I like that idea as it will match the LJ .

Heres a few better shots of the tonneau . I also got most of the parts I need to install the struts but I wont be able to work on it again until next week .

This gives you a better shot of the hinge setup .
Unread 04-11-2014, 05:07 AM   #204
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Do you what they are called? Those look just about perfect and I can't seem to find them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pk-BLACK-L...54ebb8&vxp=mtr

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 09:29 PM   #205
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I spent the afternoon smoothing the tonneau corners out and de glossing the finish . It was so bright that I couldnt look at it , so for now it has a matte finish . I still think I am going to Line X the top and leave the edges polished once everything is complete .

Heres what the corner looked like as I started .

Roughed in with the flapper .

Starting to smooth out .

Still smoothing with sandpaper now .

And at this point I was using the flexible 3M sandpaper sponge paper .Its weird stuff , but great for contours .

Down to 1000 grit now .

My hands were grey by the time I finished , but I am happy with how it looks . Next up is the braces , and I think a roof basket if I can find one for a reasonable price .
Unread 04-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #206
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

More to come tomorrow ... I only really posted this as JF double posted the above
Unread 04-19-2014, 10:18 AM   #207
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have found this roof basket shipped for $98.60 . I think it may be the winner ...
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #208
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I picked up a HF tongue box today .

It fits great , but the cooler I got is a 1/2" too tall to clear the tonneau. Back to the drawing board on that one .
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #209
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
I picked up a HF tongue box today . It fits great , but the cooler I got is a 1/2" too tall to clear the tonneau. Back to the drawing board on that one .

Make sure you check with someone that does 3m clear protective bras and get those front corners protected. And the tops of your fenders.

I like the HF box, plan on using one also.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #210
G Beasley
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Make sure you check with someone that does 3m clear protective bras and get those front corners protected. And the tops of your fenders.

I like the HF box, plan on using one also.
The 3 M clear is on the list for Monday when I visit my local sound shop / neat stuff supplier .

I also ordered the basket , it went down in price while I was gone to $93 !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.