post #136 of Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
Awww, no way, no fair! That thing is going to look amazing when he's done with it!
I told you sanding was teh debil ! Though Hendrix seems to enjoy it ?









More Hendrix progress ...


Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #137 of Old 09-15-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700


























Hendrix has been busy ! I wish I had just taken it to him first ...

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #138 of Old 09-15-2013, 09:27 PM
titanjeep
Registered User
1980 CJ5 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 357
That is an awesome looking trailer. I can't wait to see it when it is finished.

Air Force Jeep Club - Tail# JF183RV
2003 KJ
1980 CJ5
1988 Wagoneer
titanjeep is offline  
post #139 of Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanjeep View Post
That is an awesome looking trailer. I can't wait to see it when it is finished.
Me too ! I hope to have enough time to put it back together when I get home at the end of the month .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #140 of Old 09-16-2013, 07:22 AM
zboss86
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tupelo
Posts: 242
Wow, Hendrix is a badass... I've seen his write ups on modding hoods for high lines. Hard to beat experience.

Cleaning out the garage... check what I have for sale here:
http://midsouthjeeps.com/forum/index.php?/topic/20693-jeep-parts-for-saletradebumper-2-spacers-relocation-brackets/
zboss86 is offline  
post #141 of Old 09-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Deuskid
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: StL
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Occams Razor came to mind today as I looked at the hitch designs I decided to make a gspup style hitch as I love the simplicity and function of it . Once I made that decision all that was left was to go get some steel. I managed to get a few holes drilled , but that was about it for the afternoon.

This is the gspup hitch . And below is the start to my version of it .



More hitch work tomorrow , and an axle in the afternoon . Hopefully it will be a good productive day .
I like the simplicity of this design.

Would like to learn more about the design and building of it. What are its dimensions and materials? What are the steps of fabrication?

Also, those who have used it for towing, has it proved to be an effective 3 axis hitch?

Thanks in advance,

John
Deuskid is offline  
post #142 of Old 09-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Deuskid
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: StL
Posts: 615
neat project



The ingenuity and workmanship on this build is amazing. Kudos on salvaging 2 tubs in the process.

I'm heavily leaning toward the Harbor Freight 4x8 modified frame and wooden sides ala the mini trailer thread started by ArmyRN. No welder and limited garage and tools coupled with limited expertise are my the reason.

I cannot wait to see your re-assembly.

John
Deuskid is offline  
post #143 of Old 09-22-2013, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss86 View Post
Wow, Hendrix is a badass... I've seen his write ups on modding hoods for high lines. Hard to beat experience.
No kidding , he is a heck of an artist .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post
I like the simplicity of this design.

Would like to learn more about the design and building of it. What are its dimensions and materials? What are the steps of fabrication?

Also, those who have used it for towing, has it proved to be an effective 3 axis hitch?

Thanks in advance,

John
I can measure the parts for you when I get home but as I recall the box tube is 2"x2"x1/4" wall . The pivot section is 1.5" and the holes are 5/8" . Making it is pretty easy , just take your time making your cuts in the box tubing .
I have only towed it a few miles , but it is for all intents invisible . It tows like a regular trailer and backs like a regular trailer .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuskid View Post


The ingenuity and workmanship on this build is amazing. Kudos on salvaging 2 tubs in the process.

I'm heavily leaning toward the Harbor Freight 4x8 modified frame and wooden sides ala the mini trailer thread started by ArmyRN. No welder and limited garage and tools coupled with limited expertise are my the reason.

I cannot wait to see your re-assembly.

John
I am ready to see the re assembly to ! I go home with it at the end of this week , but I don't know if I will have the time to much other than unload it .
The HF trailer has a lot of potential , look at what JScherb and the Dinoot guys have done with it . I chose to make my own as wanted something a little more stout . I started welding 10 years ago with a Lincoln 100HD and I have progressed to this point now . Keep an eye on Craigs list for a good used name brand welder and start practicing on scrap .
Lastly , thanks for the kind words .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #144 of Old 09-22-2013, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Hendrix has been busy ...



Tub with the flare installed . Oh so shiny

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #145 of Old 09-24-2013, 12:47 PM
Deuskid
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: StL
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Occams Razor came to mind today as I looked at the hitch designs I decided to make a gspup style hitch as I love the simplicity and function of it . Once I made that decision all that was left was to go get some steel. I managed to get a few holes drilled , but that was about it for the afternoon.

This is the gspup hitch . And below is the start to my version of it .



More hitch work tomorrow , and an axle in the afternoon . Hopefully it will be a good productive day .
it looks like you fabbed 2 solid center pieces in the second picture but the hitch only requires one? Is that true or am I missing something?

Also, is the square tubing 2" outside diameter with 1/4" walls?

Thanks,

john
Deuskid is offline  
post #146 of Old 09-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
This is a beautiful build, great work!
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #147 of Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
This is a beautiful build, great work!
Thanks , I am so thankful that Hendrix had the time to fix my awful paint job











I should pick up the tub this weekend and head home by next Thursday .
More pics to come as Hendrix finishes everything up .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #148 of Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Its not often that I am at a loss for words , this is one of those times ...



Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #149 of Old 09-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Rubicon0311
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,341
Hendrix is a master of his craft....there is no denying that.
Rubicon0311 is offline  
post #150 of Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon0311 View Post
Hendrix is a master of his craft....there is no denying that.
No doubt he has an amazing amount of talent , but you wont meet a more humble, genuine person anywhere else .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome