Okay, pretty much got all the fab work done today and the tub set back down and bolted back up to make sure it all fit. All looks good to me
Capped all the ends of the tube (except for right behind the body mount) and smoothed everything out. Really happy with the way the ends of this thing turned out
I then got it all centered on the frame and tacked into place. I then proceeded to weld it all in. It's now a permanent part of the frame. It's gusseted on the top with the body mount and plated on the bottom to ensure it's never coming off
After I cleaned it all up, I set the tub back down on the body mounts and tightened everything up to make sure all that measuring and re-measuring payed off. Thankfully it did and everything lined up perfectly. Here are a few shots of it all buttoned down before paint
It ended up right were I wanted it as for how far it hangs out in the rear. Just a hair farther out than the tub, almost flush really
Hoping to get it primed and painted tomorrow and put back together thursday or friday. I already got self etching primer and a couple cans of the satin black i used on my front bumper and sliders so I should be able to spray it in the morning. Let me know what you think.