Well guys, it's finally finished! Here are the remaining pics of the build and the installed pics!
So the first part of this stage was to finish the brackets that mount the console to the roll cage. What started out as a simple piece that would bolt to the cage slowly got fancier haha. In the end i used a steel round clamp on each bracket. I did this by cutting off the long thin piece of the clamp right by the screw part that holds the other part. ( yes i know, that makes very little sense. the pics show it better). i then welded the screw part of the clamp to the bottom of the bracket, and the long thin part to the top of the bracket. this then wraps around the roll cage and tightens everything down.
one of the welds on the brackets
This is the "screw part" of the clamp welded to the bracket. if you follow my design at this point, be very careful to not burn it too deeply, or else you can damage the threads of the "screw part"
here is the "long thin"/ band part of the clamp welded to the top of the bracket. i drilled three small holes in it before tacking it on to ensure better contact. the pic shown looks like a bit of a mess, but i ended up grinding it down and redoing it to give it a cleaner look. all this "weld" has to withstand is a few pounds of shear force, so it doesnt have to be extremely strong.
Now i'm sorry, i didnt get ( or managed to lose ) the pics of the full brackets, so you will have to go by the installed pics where you can see them.
Up next here is the wiring panel. To make the holes in the panel for the switches, i used a dremel with a cutting wheel and a small file. it took a long time, but turned out looking pretty good. i decided to utilize a design that uses bullet connectors so that i can quickly disconnect the wires from the switches/ change the function of each switch without taking the console down or apart.
here is the result
Holes drilled in the side of the console for the wires to feed through:
The finished wiring....kinda looks like something out of star wars haha.
And finally, the console ready to be wired and installed:
The following post will have pics of the finished product installed.