Thinking of designing a overhead console for TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 Old 07-25-2010, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

One of the reasons I haven't finished it off and painted it, is because I may want to do some future modding. I have an Idea for the antenna wire housing and I am actually going to add an aux. speaker to it this morning. I will get more pics here shortly. I did make up some bumper end caps too, that came out great. At this time we are just building a prototype and had not intended on fabricating them for sale. I can make available any info for you to have one made up on your own. I will talk to my welder and see if he is interested on further builds for sale.

Rich G. 2005 Wrangler 4.0 6-Speed.
just4effect 10" single sub, enclosure and amp 4 sale. PM me if interested, local only
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM
ScreamSalvation
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love to see any draw ups you have on building it. I unfortunately lack the equipment and time or I'd be welding up one for my Jeep. If you guys do decide to build a couple and sell them please let me know, I'd love to buy one. Been looking at getting a tuffy console overhead mount but they are just too pricey and yours holds the cb up higher. Any idea how fitment is or would be with a hard top?
post #18 of 20 Old 07-26-2010, 06:20 AM Thread Starter
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the other bad links on the image thumbnails above, I re-arranged the folder and it screws everything up. Won't be doing that anymore.
The rear mount is actually a clamp type that sandwiches the roll bar.
The front mount rests on and clamps to the steel loop attached to the Jeep wind shield for tying it down.

As for hard top fitment, hopefully someone else has more input as I don't have a hard top and don't know how the clearances differ between the two. I can tell you that there is currently enough room with the overhead console in place to slide my open hand and fingers between it and top.

After final wiring for the CB PA and Aux. speaker.

Rich G. 2005 Wrangler 4.0 6-Speed.
just4effect 10" single sub, enclosure and amp 4 sale. PM me if interested, local only
post #19 of 20 Old 08-26-2016, 06:03 PM
Myjeep1986
1986 CJ7 

I just came across this post, exactly what I am looking to do also. Has it lasted since made and installed? What else did you add to it, how is the front attached again and do you have drawing/dimension's available? What would you change in the design?
Thanks
post #20 of 20 Old 08-27-2016, 08:02 AM
JeeperDon
Join a 4x4 Club

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I personally think all that overhead crap looks terrible. I'd rather (did) fabricate a proper console to hold what I needed. A console based setup makes the wiring easier too.

'93 YJ, '02 GM 4.3V6, SOA, dual ARB's, 8.8+D30(WarnHubs), 4.88s, 35" BFG KM2s, AX15, NP231+4:1+SYE+2LO, York OBA, Warn M8000.
Web Admin for
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
overhead console , console , tj , wrangler , fabrication , design

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.