Thinking of designing a overhead console for TJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Thinking of designing a overhead console for TJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #16
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

One of the reasons I haven't finished it off and painted it, is because I may want to do some future modding. I have an Idea for the antenna wire housing and I am actually going to add an aux. speaker to it this morning. I will get more pics here shortly. I did make up some bumper end caps too, that came out great. At this time we are just building a prototype and had not intended on fabricating them for sale. I can make available any info for you to have one made up on your own. I will talk to my welder and see if he is interested on further builds for sale.

Unread 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
ScreamSalvation
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd love to see any draw ups you have on building it. I unfortunately lack the equipment and time or I'd be welding up one for my Jeep. If you guys do decide to build a couple and sell them please let me know, I'd love to buy one. Been looking at getting a tuffy console overhead mount but they are just too pricey and yours holds the cb up higher. Any idea how fitment is or would be with a hard top?
ScreamSalvation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 05:20 AM   #18
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the other bad links on the image thumbnails above, I re-arranged the folder and it screws everything up. Won't be doing that anymore.
The rear mount is actually a clamp type that sandwiches the roll bar.
The front mount rests on and clamps to the steel loop attached to the Jeep wind shield for tying it down.

As for hard top fitment, hopefully someone else has more input as I don't have a hard top and don't know how the clearances differ between the two. I can tell you that there is currently enough room with the overhead console in place to slide my open hand and fingers between it and top.

After final wiring for the CB PA and Aux. speaker.

Tags
overhead console , console , tj , wrangler , fabrication , design

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.