Thinking about building a long arm engine skid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Thinking about building a long arm engine skid

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 02-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
creepycrawly
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thinking about building a long arm engine skid

So I was looking at the Skid Row engine skid for the long arm lifts and it doesnt seem too complex. The thing is $300 from Skid Row and I think I can build one that will hold up fine for what I plan to do with it for a lot less. Does anyone know of a company that makes one any cheaper? Also, anyone know of a good place in Northern Virginia to buy 1/4 or 3/8 sheet steel in say a 1'x4' configuration? Or maybe I should get some of that fancy aluminum that Mr. Blaine is using? The only problem I see with using that is that I am not capable of welding the angle iron that I plan on using as a brace to the aluminum plate. As simple as this thing looks, I dont know why others arent building them for sale at a much cheaper price. I have a couple of ideas as far as how I want to do it, but nothing is set in stone yet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.