SXOR single seat buggy build - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > SXOR single seat buggy build

ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSmittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-12-2014, 07:23 PM   #61
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got a little more done today. I got the passenger side header and "muffler" fitted up. The headers are OBX turbo headers. I cut off the v-band flange and tacked on a 30* bend and Vibrant Performance 3"x5" race muffler. I have a feeling this thing is going to be a bit loud, lol. I added the miter cut on the end just for the heck of it. Also added a bung for the O2 sensor. Everything is 304 stainless and I plan to have it all ceramic coated.

Here you can see what I'm up against on the drivers side. I had to pretty much cut the whole collector off just to get the header bolted up. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I'm gonna do here.

After I hit the wall on the exhaust I moved on to finding a place for the oil accumulator. I used some trick tabs with the threaded insert to mount it. I still haven't decided whether or not to run a solenoid valve off the ignition for pre-lubing, or just run it with no valve at all. Any opinions about that?

"Beat it like it owes you money"

Jeep Wrangler with some bolt-on "stuff"
Hokie_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2014, 05:53 AM   #62
jason m

Nice work, its looking real good, tight to.

For the drive side header could you remove that 1.5" frame tube and re-install it with a bend or maybe further up the main rails? The only other option I see is to dump the exhaust tubes down under the motor and then a 90* turn out towards the Rad.

Jason.

And on the 8th day, God created the 14 bolt....
jason m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2014, 06:12 AM   #63
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I thought about moving that tube. I wish I would have done that before I cut the header up. I've got a guy that's supposed to come by Monday and look at it. He's a header guy for drag cars, I'm hoping he'll have some ideas. If he doesn't I guess I will move that tube and get a new collector and start over.

Unread 07-20-2014, 09:31 AM   #64
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I worked on this thing for a couple hours yesterday. I got the transmission cooler and steering cooler mounted. The transmission cooler is a Griffin double pass, and it is huge, should keep the Powerglide good and cool. Right behind my head is the only place it would fit, and it barely fits there.

The steering cooler is a Derale Electra-Cool. I decided to move the battery box and put the cooler where it was. I didn't really like the battery there anyway because it was going to be hard to get to. Still have to come up with another spot for the battery.

Unread 07-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #65
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I piddled around on this thing for a couple hours yesterday afternoon. I mounted the steering reservoir. I had to mount it behind the radiator because I'm running out of space in a hurry. It is higher than the pump though and I should be able to make a nice sweeping feed hose to the pump. Hopefully I won't have any feed issues.

After that I mounted the window nets from PRP.

After I got the nets mounted I sat in the buggy and made engine noises because who doesn't do that? Lol. Lets's just say it's a good thing I'm not claustrophobic. I'm a big guy, and it's a tight fit. But it really closes in on you with the nets up.

Like I said I was just working on piddly stuff. No real progress. A lot of what's left is just piddly stuff, but it's the stuff that eats up a lot of time.

It's been a while since I posted an overall shot so I took a few so you can see what it's starting to look like.

I think I've decided on color. I'm going to paint the chassis with Rustoleum Hammered Copper, and the skins with satin black Plasti-Dip. The axles, links, and wheels will be satin black as well. I'm hoping that will look pretty good.

Unread 07-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #66
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think copper and black will really make it stand out , in a good way.

Sent from my XT881 freeze ray gun using JeepForum.
Unread 07-28-2014, 07:20 PM   #67
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks, I think so to. It looks good in my head anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.