Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Swingout Tire Carrier / Rocker Guards

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  jesseleikerjeep 
#1 ·
Here is my swingout tire carrier that I just finished as well as the rocker guards. What a fun project!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice job:) Starting the same projects on my CJ very soon.

#4 ·
total newbie when it comes to DIY fab...

i like those sliders. what all would i need material-wise to build something like that?

#14 · (Edited)
Hey CK - I was wondering if you could email me some more photos of that, some up close, maybe? I am fixing to fab up a swing out and I like your design...I'm relatively inexperienced in the field of welding but have a mig in my garage. I also have a stock rear bumper...wondering if I should invest in a new one or not (it looks like I'd actually need to tube out of the cut-off on my factory 1991 Base model bumper to make clearance for the tailgate until I can work up the gump for a CJ-tail gate drop-down mod. Thanks CK! My email is jesseleiker@gmail.com if you have any time for something like that. Thanks a lot.

Oh - and what did you use for mats on that carrier? Looks like a pair of 90's, a 2" round, a pair of 2" squares, and the bottom piece for the swing I have no idea...thanks a lot for your time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.