SWAG tailgate and tub mounted tire carrier - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > SWAG tailgate and tub mounted tire carrier

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #16
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Don't have much to add about the carrier but just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery from the back surgery..
Thanks so much! I love your bumpers and the work you do. The recovery route sucks, but it's getting better daily. I'll likely be getting medically discharged from the Navy, and for that I have mixed emotions. I've already invested 11 years and the stability of a paycheck in this economy is what I'm most worried about. Hopefully there will be some disability benefits I can get for myself and my family. Thanks again for the well wishes!

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:31 AM   #17
unscramble
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have a question, if I missed the answer to this I appologize.....with the swag kit, the latch it comes with holds in the RIGHT side of the tailgate and the existing factory door latch holds in the left side....
with the tire carrier in place, how are you holding in the right side of the tailgate??? I don't see a latch.

Thanks
unscramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
jbjeepfever
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Great job, posting so I can find later
jbjeepfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #19
AstroZombie
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unscramble View Post
I have a question, if I missed the answer to this I appologize.....with the swag kit, the latch it comes with holds in the RIGHT side of the tailgate and the existing factory door latch holds in the left side....
with the tire carrier in place, how are you holding in the right side of the tailgate??? I don't see a latch.

Thanks
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been online much recently. I found that the right side latch wasn't needed in my application. I guess if your 'gate rattles you can reuse one of your spare tire bumpers to press between the right side of the tailgate and the tire carrier frame. I have taken this off for the time being and am running with no spare. I'm currently carrying a plug kit and CO2 bottle for roadside tire failures. I plan to make a new swing out that will hold two 5 gallon cans, but I have a few other mods on my plate before I can get to that.

USN Jeep Club Hull # 199
AstroZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:37 AM   #20
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Bump...anything done or added to your carrier?
alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:11 AM   #21
DirtRider1357
2005 LJ Wrangler 

remove
DirtRider1357 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.