stinger/rad hoop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > stinger/rad hoop

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
lookin4mud
1984 CJ7 

stinger/rad hoop

I just got my winch mounted and need to add some protection. i'm thinkin of putting a stinger and a radiator hoop on the front and welding a piece of tube between them. would this be strong enough or should i run a piece of tube back to the cage?

oh yeah, it's going on a cj-7 and any pictures of this set-up would be appreciated.

Unread 02-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
E_ROCK
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4mud
I just got my winch mounted and need to add some protection. i'm thinkin of putting a stinger and a radiator hoop on the front and welding a piece of tube between them. would this be strong enough or should i run a piece of tube back to the cage?

oh yeah, it's going on a cj-7 and any pictures of this set-up would be appreciated.
I am a little confused. You want to put a stinger and rad hoop? Most people have one or the other.

I would tie the stinger or rad hoop back if you can. Here is my setup so far. I still have a lot of work to do.

www.rockfrogs.org
E_ROCK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Jermy01
1978 CJ7 

depends what kind of wheeling your gonna be doing, here's what i made for mine, although the side sticks out a little

1978 CJ7, front and rear locker, 31'' BFG mud Terrain, superior axles. RE 2.5" lift. 304 V8. Warn M8000.
Jermy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
schmoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermy01
Are you gonna grind those corners down a little? My elbows hurt just looking at em...
Looks good & tough!
schmoken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2006, 02:08 AM   #5
rckjeep
1977 CJ7 

Here's what i built for mine, People have said that it won't hold up if I nose it up a tree, but why would I nose it up tree. I drive better than that.
Anyway, a lot of failures would need to happen at once for it to go anywhere. Hope it helps

and the painted & finished product
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
violatedppl

I must say that last one is pretty slick lookin. must have been playin with the tubing bender for to long. very nice
Unread 03-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
heavyhitter

Yeah I really like the design. looks mean and looks like it protects well too.

93 YJ almighty 4banger, 31" bfg all terrains on 15x8 ar black steelies, 1.25" PA shackle lift, pioneer stereo system, herculined tub, TJ Flares, Rock Sliders, custom front & rear bumpers,
heavyhitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
heavyhitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Here's what i built for mine, People have said that it won't hold up if I nose it up a tree, but why would I nose it up tree. I drive better than that.
Anyway, a lot of failures would need to happen at once for it to go anywhere. Hope it helps

and the painted & finished product

what size tubing is that????

93 YJ almighty 4banger, 31" bfg all terrains on 15x8 ar black steelies, 1.25" PA shackle lift, pioneer stereo system, herculined tub, TJ Flares, Rock Sliders, custom front & rear bumpers,
heavyhitter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #9
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

My radiator hoop is almost identical to rckjeep's... wait a minute, I know why... I copied it!

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.