Side steps or whaterever - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Side steps or whaterever

Halloween Savings to die for!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
Paxter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Side steps or whaterever

So, I haven't posted in a while because I was having fun with my Challenger...I just sold that and am way happier now that I am back to the jeep. I decided to make my own Side steps/rocks sliders. I need your input. I am using the stock brackets that came with the jeep side steps and the I am going to weld 2" tubed on those as so..I need your opinion..should I put the tubed on top of the brackets or...on the side?

So here is a pic of one option

here is another option that will keep everything flush, let me know.

Those brackets will be cut back about an 1 inch and a quarter so it is closer to the body of the jeep. Let me know what you guys think, thank you

Paxter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #2
Paxter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I am leaning towards flushing them out like in the bottom pic. Its just when I finally do put in a body lift with my suspension lift im going to have to rig something up so it doesn't look flunky/. any input would be great as Id like to start the fab work tomorrow.
Unread 02-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #3
Paxter
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I apologize for making multiple threads...my PTSD meds had me all loopy. I do apologize
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
jorhay
1997 ZJ 

I like a trimmed back option 2
jorhay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
apaTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like the look of them flush with the body. I think you should add some more support for the tube though, especially if you plan to use them as sliders and swing around trees or otherwise have the weight of the jeep on them. Those stock mounts are designed just for a step.
apaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #6
daryl50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say flush, but I'd agree it should probably be reinforced more. Looks good though. Question, are those stock fender flares or are they cut down?
daryl50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.