Shrinking Metal - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Shrinking Metal

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #16
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_alex View Post
18 GA. Is thin enough, heat the back side of the low spot and just let the air cool it it will expand at first but then pull back down farther than before.
I did just that on one spot last night. I used my Mapp torch and it puts out plenty of heat for 18 ga. I'll mess with it some more over the weekend.

Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #17
Jason_alex
2001 WJ 

Im not sure how it will react to a Mapp torch... never used one, oxygen and setaline one.

Some times its nice to have all the equipment i could need.
Jason_alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #18
Bigbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_alex View Post
Im not sure how it will react to a Mapp torch... never used one, oxygen and setaline one.

Some times its nice to have all the equipment i could need.
I took a piece of scrap and the Mapp will turn it cherry red pretty quit. I don't want cherry red, just heat it good.
Jeep Club Member #1340
6 Speed, Hardtop
Mods done: Hurst tee handle, cheap hand throttle, Rokmen Merc front bumper, Warn 9.5 TI winch with 3/8" X 100 worth of Viking yellow rope, DPG OME Ultimate with JKS ACOS up front, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, Kilby Steering Box Skid, Jeep Medic Belly Up, Skidrow Engine Skid, Rockcrusher Diff Skid in the rear, Warn Diff cover in front, , AR Outlaw II's and MTR 12:50/15's, Homemade rear Bumper, Cheap Cobra CB, Puma OBA, Sirius Radio, Locker Defeat, Rockhard cage, Rockmen short corners, homemade tire swing/tailgate hinge affair, Airlift air bags on the rear- - - - - - and more to come!
Bigbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #19
Jason_alex
2001 WJ 

I also use mine to cut when its to far away from a 220 for the plasma.... aka to lazy
Jason_alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.