Shop crane top lift. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Shop crane top lift.

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread Yesterday, 08:00 PM   #1
Ibrokethat2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Shop crane top lift.

Made some additions to my shop crane so that I can use it to take my top off. The additions include a 30" 26" frame made from 1" square tubing, it attaches to the lift arm on a single pivot pin and is held level by a strut rod and maintains level through the lift stroke. For safety I split a piece of 2" square tubing so it would fit around the lift ram to act as a stop so the lift can only be lowered to a preset height and not dump my top on the floor. A couple of ratchet straps secure the top to the lift if I need to roll it around, I plan to add some hangers to the rear of the lift to hold the doors. All the mods come off and it can still used as a shop crane.

20140918_200729.jpg

20140918_200750.jpg

Ibrokethat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 07:04 PM   #2
mylittlecj5
1974 CJ5 

I like it! I wish I had the room to store a top in my garage...as it is, my shop crane lives outside so I can walk around (in theory anyways). Don't you feel this eats up a lot of room to store? As a lifting device it ROCKS!
Default Jeepers Club #10
mylittlecj5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.