Replacement body parts? -

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 02-11-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
1983 CJ7 
Replacement body parts?

My 83 CJ7 is my daily driver, and I plan to take it offroading after I get some work done to it. The body is horribly rusted, the previous owner did a terrible job of replacing some of the metal, such as over the driver side rear wheel well they cut rectangle strips and over lapped and screwed them over rust holes then siliconed them. The floor boards, they just laid sheet metal over the old metal and rivited it down.

I'm not building a show jeep, but I want the body work better than that obviously, like with the floor boards, being on a budget, would it be prudent to just buy 18 gauge sheet metal, cut out what's there and weld my own custom floor in? or should I pay the high price for manufactured replacement metal?

as for the sides of the jeep, same question. I've got a decent amount of welding experience, the body is flat, should i just buy my own metal or buy precut/prefabbed parts?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.