rear seat modification - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
dr_phatcity

rear seat modification

I have seen a different rear seat set-up for the back of the Wrangler. The rear seat was removed and the seats placed along the sidewall of the tub - perpendicular to the rear axle (similar to the land rover design).

Anyone seen or done something simlar? I presume I could mount seatbelts on the rollbar, but not so sure about lap belt fastening points.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-16-2004, 11:07 PM
jfw432

Well I've only seen that design on the old FJ-40's. I couldn't imagine the wrangler having room for that but I don't own a wrangler so I don't see the interior that much.

I did see some guy who altered his rear seat and I thought it was the coolest idea. He basically cut his rear seat in half and stitched it all back together. Got all new mounting hardware so the rear seat was actually two seats and one could be removed for extra room but one person could still ride in the back in the other seat. If you're interested I'll look for the website.

91 Cherokee with selectrac, 2" Rusty's AAL BB, 31x10.5 Liberator AT's
post #3 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 08:01 AM
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

yeah its at Jeepin.com ITs on a TJ but i don't see why he couldn't do YJs or Cjs too...

heres the link--> http://www.jeepin.com/features/twinseats/index.asp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
dr_phatcity

That would be an excellent modification. It would definately open up cargo space. I will have to think about it for a while. The pole in the middle of the cargo space could be a PITA.

What do you guys think about bolting the seats to the tub crossmember? Sturdy enough?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 11:58 AM
rogasm
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i was thinking about something similiar to this. i would get a single fold and tumble seat from the junkyard bolt in on the passenger side on the back. i would like to do this, just trying to figure out how!
post #6 of 7 Old 03-17-2004, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
dr_phatcity

Thinking about this a little bit,

you would need to find a fold a tumble seat that fit a little less than half the length of the rear seat and mount it similar to how the twin seat company is mounting their seats. (Seems a pretty easy installation.)

I don't know where you would find specs on fold and tumble seats though -- also finding two might be difficult. Maybe the fold up seats from a defender could be mounted.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
gcrv01tj
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was thinking about doing something similar to this. I was wondering if yall ever got around to doing it? Maybe someone with some skills could draw something up?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.