Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 10-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #781
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
I'll do a "Sexy Fabricator" Calendar.. each month a different photo of me.

Jan.. Naked in Welding Gloves..

Feb.. Naked with only a Welding Helmet

Mar.. Naked with my Leather Apron

April.. Naked with my Leather Jacket

May.. Naked while welding...

BTW... I'm 6'1", weigh 300lbs, shave my head.. and am weathered by 22 years in the Army... I'm one ugly SOB!
Eddie you can Keep my calender of your self ok buddy keep it in your shop....

Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #782
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Started to Paint it

Well, I started to paint the bumper

Here is how my amazing paint rack:

After the first coat of primer:

While priming the can decided to splut the primer from below the nozel. I returned the can, and ended up finding another can of primer in my garage. Here is the aftermath of the white primer:

The second coat of primer, worked out perfect being a different color:

How it is held by the 2x4:

And why it will actually dry. The garage is about 50 degrees, but the boiler room stays about 70.

Tomorrow should be the hammered paint, then Nothing until the rest of the Jeep is fixed.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:51 AM   #783
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

For reference, I can say that the receiver on my bumper has taken a beating and has yet to have a problem. If I were going to do it again, I'd recess the receiver so it doesn't stick out as far, which isn't helpful in the rocks, but even just this weekend at Long's Ranch I came off a rock and landed my entire *** end on the end of the receiver, loudly, and it just got some rock rash no bending or breakage or anything. I also have the frame tie-ins, which may help just a bit, too
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:40 PM   #784
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, you are looking at the back of the bumper, so you may be able to tell that it is a recessed receiver. I actually never thought about it for the clearance thing, I wanted it because it looked so good on Jebussaves0's bumper.

Reference Pic

I did actually get two coats of Hammered on today. I have a couple of pics that I will throw up later. Now if only my skid was as clean as the one in the pic. Oh well, I will have a new one come Next Tuesday (or mine repainted. I am not fully sure yet). Wednesday should mean another two coats. Then it will have 5 full days to dry.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 10-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #785
Mondo727
2004 WJ 

I like the peach shackles..they gota be aftermarket...hah. nice welds though
Mondo727 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #786
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan87 View Post
As far as I know, they were just painted. I still have the ones off of my old bumper that will being going on. Mine are silver. So, anybody have color suggestions for my shackles? My Jeep is Patriot Blue if that helps.

I still really like the work the Eddie did on my bumper. Top notch. While painting, I dropped it a couple of times, not even a scratch.
Unread 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM   #787
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Yeah, you are looking at the back of the bumper, so you may be able to tell that it is a recessed receiver. I actually never thought about it for the clearance thing, I wanted it because it looked so good on Jebussaves0's bumper.
Thanks Luckrider! The recessed hitch really works and looks perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan87 View Post
lol... peach shackles... guess that means I need a new camera . Those my friend are plain 'ole Warn shackles painted Burnt Orange with Chicago Maroon shackle pins.

(for those that are wondering, those are Virginia Tech's school colors)
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #788
gcrv01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLAND_YJ View Post
closed
So I just finished reading every single post in this thread, from start to finish, after I already went through the majority of it a couple of days ago. The reason I went through it again is that I wanted to make a list of what I would want on my bumper. My friend got the rear bumper with the swingout and he loves it. I really want to get one but it is going to be a while until I can .
Eddie- Your stuff looks great and performs even better. I can't wait until I get to send my money your way and get one of these beauties. I am from Chesapeake so without the shipping cost how much would the Rear Bumper cost like the one in post #583 on page 39? It had the Recessed Hitch, Clevis Mounts, Corner Guards, Jerry Can Mount, & High Lift Mount. From the picture it looks like the Jerry Can Mount and the High Lift Mount can be removed whenever you wanted to and then put them on again later. Is that correct? If so, I would like to know the price difference between ordering with just the rear bumper and swing to everything. Also, what kind of solutions did you come up with for the third brake light? I saw the multi-light solution you did for someone on one of the last pages in this thread (he had put reverse lights and brakes lights in the bumper). Not really looking to do that but just the single light inside the spare. Have you ever added an Antenna Bracket to one of the bumpers? If so, where and add that to the cost list as well.
I can’t wait to order from you in the future and maybe even a front bumper as well. Last question, the recessed receiver and the regular receiver don’t have any capability differences, right? I wouldn’t use the receiver, other than a couple of times, to hall anything. I am mainly looking to get it so I can attach a cargo tray.
Thanks
gcrv01tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #789
7urtle
2008 KK Liberty 

looks good to bad you dont live ot here to give me a hand.
[URL="[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url]"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/wanted-xj-875786/#post10031031[/url][/URL] -[FONT="Arial Black"][B][I][U][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]1UMF[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/I][/B][/FONT] a really slow build. bruised and never left the street
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]WTB: rear bumper/tire carrier,31" tires,armor[/COLOR]
7urtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #790
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

As some of you know, I recently picked up a small Torchmate 2 (4'x4') CNC Plasma Table. I mainly got it to help me with my bumper brackets/tabs but man, is this thing fun! I've been doing shackles, tabs, brackets, beadlock rings, gussets and a few custom brackets for local wheelers. Don't know how I ever got along without this thing..

I thought I'd post a couple pics of a front bumper I knocked out yesterday. I cut the winch plate on the table and used it for the upper bumper mounting points.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #791
Gonewhln
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nice Eddie,
Those welds look sweet nice bead pattern i must say.....
Gonewhln is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:41 PM   #792
gcrv01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

thats is sexy
gcrv01tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #793
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That looks amazing, have you though about doing one with a stinger instead on the loop?
Unread 10-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #794
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine saw this weld bead on my computer screen while looking over my shoulder and all he said was "oh, was that done with a robotic welder?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
It took 5 min of convincing before he finally believed that it was done by hand. Hell, we even had to go out to my jeep to look at the bumper that you made just so he could get a first hand look .
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2009, 12:13 AM   #795
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds about right, my dad and I were admiring the awesome weld quality. I wish I had a welder so I could practice and get that good.

Btw BESRK, is that mig?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.