Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along - Page 109 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights

Unread 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #1621
TURBevO8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^Looks good. Thanks!

Unread 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #1622
yellow04tj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Eddie, thanks for the parts! I ordered some parts for my rear bumper/tire carrier build. SUPER Fast shipping and packaged great!!!
yellow04tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM   #1623
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow04tj View Post
Eddie, thanks for the parts! I ordered some parts for my rear bumper/tire carrier build. SUPER Fast shipping and packaged great!!!
Thank YOU! Let me know how that J-Lock works out.. I'm actually thinking about pulling my own Bumper/Tire Carrier off my CJ5 to build another one. Since mine was built before I had my plasma table, it would let me add a newer one with all the refinements.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #1624
tjsean0308
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Would you think about selling the "J-lock" and pin setup for current owners to update with? I would be very interested in that. I have had the hitch pin seize up from salt and dirt it requires constant lube. I need to re-do the seal on my spindle anyways so maybe while its apart I can upgrade. I'm pretty sure my coastie friend who just bought one before the holidays would be interested too he actually was looking to change that because of the washer drag paint issue.
PM me if you would be willing to sell me the parts I need to update that latch.
Unread 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #1625
bluenevil123
2010 JK Wrangler 

Great work! that is some quality work! I am a safey engineer at a steel mill and as I was going over your pics I got to like pic number 7 and noticed your 4 "1/2 grinder laying on the table with no gaurd "thought to myself that could be bad" hept scrolling down and I see the cut on the hand! Ouch LOL! I got a good chuckle out of that! But your work looks great!
bluenevil123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 02:16 AM   #1626
WESTBOUND
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenevil123 View Post
Great work! that is some quality work! I am a safey engineer at a steel mill and as I was going over your pics I got to like pic number 7 and noticed your 4 "1/2 grinder laying on the table with no gaurd "thought to myself that could be bad" hept scrolling down and I see the cut on the hand! Ouch LOL! I got a good chuckle out of that! But your work looks great!
I did a similar thing this summer building my bumpers. I was using my 4 1/2" hand grinder with a wire wheel on it without the guard. I was only wearing a t-shirt and shorts sitting down wire wheeling my bumper cleaning welds. The grinder jumped out of my hand before I could even blink, it hit the inner part of my left forearm and fell into my lap. It ground a large spot in my leg before I even knew what was happening. 7 months later I still have the scars on my arm and leg. You bet that even if it is a 110 degrees outside, I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt and pants while using a grinder. Live and learn I guess.

I always wear safety glasses and ear muffs.
WESTBOUND is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #1627
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsean0308 View Post
Would you think about selling the "J-lock" and pin setup for current owners to update with? I would be very interested in that. I have had the hitch pin seize up from salt and dirt it requires constant lube. I need to re-do the seal on my spindle anyways so maybe while its apart I can upgrade. I'm pretty sure my coastie friend who just bought one before the holidays would be interested too he actually was looking to change that because of the washer drag paint issue.
PM me if you would be willing to sell me the parts I need to update that latch.
No problem selling the "J-Lock" setup.. you do realize you'd need to cut/grind off the existing setup?.. Probably about an hour's worth of work.. PM me if you're still interested..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenevil123 View Post
Yep.. I've had a few booboos over the years. Burns, cuts, propane frostbite, scarred retinas, 70% noise induced hearing loss, herniated disks, carpal tunnel, trigger finger.. etc. I do still have all my fingers though.. (knock on wood).

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 02-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #1628
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What's the cost of the J-lock gonna be?
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #1629
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREASEMONKEY View Post
What's the cost of the J-lock gonna be?

I'm thinking about $10 for the "J-Lock" bracket (and spacer) cut from 3/8".

The Pull Pin can either be sourced from Fixtureworks.. or if I sell it, it'll be about $20. They're about $12 plus shipping.. and a couple bucks of mark up.

So.. if someone wants "one stop shopping" for it, figure $30 and $5 shipping via USPS Flat Rate Small Box.. If you just want the J-Lock/spacer (no pin).. $15 shipped.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #1630
tsstoudt
Web Crawler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hi, I've been reading up on your thread and I'm really impressed with the quality of your bumpers. Could I get a price on a rear bumper with swingout tire carrier for a 2001 Wrangler shipped to 18038. Thanks
tsstoudt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #1631
tdkask

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Thank YOU! Let me know how that J-Lock works out.. I'm actually thinking about pulling my own Bumper/Tire Carrier off my CJ5 to build another one. Since mine was built before I had my plasma table, it would let me add a newer one with all the refinements.
Haha... I thought "Maybe I need Eddie to build me a new bumper". The problem lies in getting you to build a rectangular carrier... lol.
USN Jeep Club Hull #135 (Retired USN 1992-2012)
'80 CJ7__258, TF999, D300__'86 CJ WT D44/D30's(3.54s)__GPF custom front/rear bumpers
4" springs__33x15s on black steelies__Galaxy DX959 CB__Cage (built onto YJ "family" bar)
tdkask is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 06:10 AM   #1632
fixwithabullet
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Bezrk,
I know someone here was selling the bearing set up for the tire carriers.
Was that you? If so how much shipped?

If you arent the one selling do you know who it is by chance?
fixwithabullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #1633
zachv
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixwithabullet View Post
If you arent the one selling do you know who it is by chance?
We have our Tire Carrier Hinge Kits in stock and ready to ship. The Mega spindle upgrade is a great idea for rough use and bigger tires, etc.

Don't forget the Jeep Forum member discount when you use JF10 at checkout for orders over $100!
570-385-3931--shop
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #1634
jeepercj8
1983 CJ8 

Dude, that thing is awesome! would it be possible you could send me the specs on that? I would pay for it. I want to build one for me. I have all the tools and then some to build it. I am in Newburgh N.Y. 12550 send me an email @ mrboston@aol.com and I would appreciate it, thanks and nice job again.
jeepercj8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #1635
Harold_Ray

That is a definite upgrade!!!!!!!

Selling the plans is like selling your way of making a living in my opinion, not a great idea.
Harold_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.