Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along - Page 100 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Rear Bumper w/Swingout Tire Carrier Follow Along

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #1486
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh25050 View Post
Besrk.

You have mad metal fab skills....im going to start building my tire carrier bumper soon...loosely based off your very frist design...need alot practice though havent welded for about 4 years...hopefully if all truns out ok i might even try to make a rook rack...kind of like a surco rack...it will still be a few mouths though...just laying the foundation for my garage now...but ill make sure to post pics when im done...thanks for the insperation...keep up the good work.
Sounds like a fun build! Make sure to post lots of pics..

Just do like I do.. If it turns out nice, I take pics. If it turns out crappy, I toss it in the scrap pile and do it again.. then take pics..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #1487
josh25050
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i plan on taking lots of pics....just gotta get my garage finsihed....i made sure when i was planning build i made enought room to store a air compressor, welder and a ban saw... the one thing i plan on adding to my rear bumper is frenching in some procomp 5" off road lights for new back up lights...i started a design on photoshop to get a basic lay out of what its going to look like....ill put it up when i get home..im at work right now
josh25050 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2011, 06:46 AM   #1488
josh25050
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry for such a crude pic but my photo shop program wont open....but any way here is what i plan on my bumper looking like..the yellow circles are going to be procomp off road lights....lol...again sorry for the crude pic
home-made-tire-carrier.jpg  
josh25050 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2011, 04:24 PM   #1489
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Here's some pics of that TJ Front Bumper I did a couple weeks back. The owner had it LineX'd. Almost booboo'd and made the bottom edge come to within 1/8" of hitting the steering box. I think I'm going to just revamp it a little and add in a steering box skid.. why not?

Cell phone pics...

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #1490
S8credground
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, I just got done reading all 100 pages of this thread! (took me a few days!)

Thank you all for your write ups, which helped me make my decision. Plus, I'm buying USA, Local, Small business and Prior Military!

So...I contacted Eddie and placed an order for both front, rear bumpers and carrier!

Can't wait for them to get here!!!

Pictures will come when I get them!

Having fun in the sun.
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER][b]|[/b] Yellow 2006 TJ [b]|[/b] BESRK Cstm Bumpers & Carrier [b]|[/b] 16" Rubi Rims[b]|[/b] 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers[b]|[/b] Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor SA Lift[b]|[/b] 1" BL [b]|[/b]
[b]|[/b] Currie Currectlync HD TR & DL[b]|[/b] Tom Woods SYE & Shaft[b]|[/b] Bilstein 5160 Shocks[b]|[/b]Rokmen Bump Stops, HD Engine/Trans Skids, High Clearance Belly, Gas Tank Skid & Mercenary Rock Sliders[b]|[/b]
[b]|[/b] 2012 JKU Sahara Black 3.6L Auto [b]|[/b] Ordered 10/5/2011 - Received 11/19/2011 [b]|[/b] Stock...for now! [b]|[/b][/CENTER][/FONT]
S8credground is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2011, 04:59 PM   #1491
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Here's some pics of that TJ Front Bumper I did a couple weeks back. The owner had it LineX'd. Almost booboo'd and made the bottom edge come to within 1/8" of hitting the steering box. I think I'm going to just revamp it a little and add in a steering box skid.. why not?

Cell phone pics...
That looks very good. I may have to consider getting a front bumper.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #1492
S8credground
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Cell phone pics...

Eddie,
Was this a custom bumper? I would love to have one like this...PM me when you have time.

Thanks,
Jason
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][CENTER][b]|[/b] Yellow 2006 TJ [b]|[/b] BESRK Cstm Bumpers & Carrier [b]|[/b] 16" Rubi Rims[b]|[/b] 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers[b]|[/b] Rock Krawler 3.5 X Factor SA Lift[b]|[/b] 1" BL [b]|[/b]
[b]|[/b] Currie Currectlync HD TR & DL[b]|[/b] Tom Woods SYE & Shaft[b]|[/b] Bilstein 5160 Shocks[b]|[/b]Rokmen Bump Stops, HD Engine/Trans Skids, High Clearance Belly, Gas Tank Skid & Mercenary Rock Sliders[b]|[/b]
[b]|[/b] 2012 JKU Sahara Black 3.6L Auto [b]|[/b] Ordered 10/5/2011 - Received 11/19/2011 [b]|[/b] Stock...for now! [b]|[/b][/CENTER][/FONT]
S8credground is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #1493
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Cell phone pics...
Definitely one of the nicest front bumpers I have seen. Excellent work Eddie!!!
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #1494
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Thanks for the kind words fellas!! It was a "custom" bumper. I still need to work out some issues before I make it a "production" piece but it shouldn't be too far down the road.

I just want to make sure I have it right before sending it out there. With local wheelers, if there's an issue, they can swing by the shop and we can address it on the spot. They are my "beta testers". Once you start shipping them out.. it's a whole different ball game. So for the time being, I'm only doing that newer one for the local crowd.. at least for a month or two..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #1495
YJTxAg
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Besrk,

Could you PM me concerning cost of bumper+ carrier combo shipped to Houston, Tx 77044. Thank you.
YJTxAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #1496
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Please keep us posted when they go into full production.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #1497
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

BERSK, how are you faring out there in light of Hurricane Irene crawling up the east coast?
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #1498
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrt4me View Post
BERSK, how are you faring out there in light of Hurricane Irene crawling up the east coast?
The shop fared well. Lost power on Saturday so we just put everything up on pallets, closed up the shop and I went home to drink Whiskey. Power was back up on Sunday so it was back to bumpers as usual.

Did lose power at the house for a couple days.. ran off generator power though so it wasn't too bad.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
Unread 09-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #1499
tdkask

I called Eddie today and will drop by next weekend (one of the benefits of being local) to discuss some ideas and slight variations on bumpers. I already have the rear base bumper and want to get a swing out rack on it soon... and now that I've seen the above front bumper may need to discuss a CJ version. wish I'd have asked you to set it up on the front of mine when I was there last... think I saw it in its later stages.

I have seen the way he's building these and tell ya, they're solid. It will be the last surviving piece of my Jeep, probably. You can't find a nicer guy or someone more enthusiastic about his product. If there's anything he may be doing wrong it's spending too much time putting up with a million questions from guys like me when he should be building your bumper... but again it's a testament to his superb customer service and wish to give you what you need.

There are so any reasons to buy from him (quality, price, customer service, American made, willing to help others, and stands behind his work) and only one reason NOT to... I need to order my next project oon, and if you beat me to it I'll have to wait.

See ya next weekend, Eddie... and this time we'll get me a bottle opener on there for sure!
USN Jeep Club Hull #135 (Retired USN 1992-2012)
'80 CJ7__258, TF999, D300__'86 CJ WT D44/D30's(3.54s)__GPF custom front/rear bumpers
4" springs__33x15s on black steelies__Galaxy DX959 CB__Cage (built onto YJ "family" bar)
tdkask is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #1500
br0ken

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Keep me updated for when you get in full swing and have some units in stock.
br0ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.