Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rear bumper/ Air tank build

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  karlo 
#1 ·
I kept seeing these guys on tv (fabricators) build cool stuff and knew I could do this so over time I bought a mig, torch set and pipe bender. After the rock sliders with steps for the wife, I started on the bumper /air tank. That I drew in class as a kid when I should have been paying attention. I do realize that now days you can buy a on board air pump for $20 but I wanted to do this while I was building the bumper anyway. I did however learn why pipe welders make GOOD money it's hard, you think it's sealed until you pressure up and squirt it with soap and water. I also learned to braze with the air valve, so anyway here it is. Having problems loading more than one pic at a time.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I used similar steel for my rear bumper rotated 90 degrees but I have not set it up for air yet.

I hope you are not planning on putting anything on that hitch, the torque on the bumper will be absurd.

#6 ·
Bumper

I have pulled a small trailer with my big red on it to the camp but no nothing heavy. It's welded to the frame and bolted I needed the receiver because I'm going to make a pipe basket for a cooler and whatever else, there's just no room to carry anything in a jeep. Any suggestions you guys have I'm open to, this is a learning process.
Thanks for your reply.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.