Radio placement ideas....security reasons - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Radio placement ideas....security reasons

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 11-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
jdietz92
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Radio placement ideas....security reasons

whats up, i got my radio stolen out of my jeep last month and it really pissed me off. what i need is some ideas on where to put it and what to put it in. ive seen ammo cases and all that, dont get me wrong, its a good idea but i wanna see what you guys have. if ya guys have tuffy consoles for the radio or whatever post pics of em. thank you much

jdietz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM   #2
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdietz92 View Post
whats up, i got my radio stolen out of my jeep last month and it really pissed me off. what i need is some ideas on where to put it and what to put it in. ive seen ammo cases and all that, dont get me wrong, its a good idea but i wanna see what you guys have. if ya guys have tuffy consoles for the radio or whatever post pics of em. thank you much
considering your radio was stolen, i'm assuming you've pulled the dash apart to see the internals of the dash section before. I've thought about fabricating a little steel box, that mounts to the 'off-road' mount in the back, and the stronger parts of the dash. you'd basically have a little steel ammo box surrounding the radio, inside the DIN slot. If you make your own DIN adapter, theres plenty of room to surround a DIN radio with 1/8th steel, but 1/16th would probably work fine. Fab a little door on it, with a desk drawer lock on it, and your golden. add a little door strap or clip or something to keep it up/down without rattling when you're driving.

Ive got a detachable faceplate and I dont live in a high crime area anymore, so i'm not worried about it.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
tuffy2
Vendor

This is a Tuffy Deluxe Stereo Console in a 1987 YJ. Heavy Duty 16 gauge steel construction with a patented Pry Guard II locking system. Available in black, tan, light gray, charcoal, and spice. Feel free to contact me with any questions on Tuffy products.

Jeff Fox
Tuffy
1-800-348-8339
tuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the stock radio cassette adapter in my TJ I put in a cassette adapter, wired it around back to the glove box where I hooked up a portable CD player. Works like a charm and it's the stock headunit so it doesn't stick out like sore thumb. I just lock my glove compartment and I'm set.

I also have subs hooked up to the factory headunit as well, any info needed, just pm me
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.