PSC Trail Cage Install - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > PSC Trail Cage Install

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 07-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

PSC Trail Cage Install

Results of Day 1:
Driver side:

Pass side:

tacked in place - gussets to come tomorrow

slid the DOM over the stock flange:

I replaced the windshield bars with 1.75 x .120" wall DOM. They look almost twice the wall thickness of the stock bars, and a lot heavier. I'm not butting directly to the B-pillar so that I can pull the front out, weld it, paint it and put it back in, then weld the rear in place. This way I don't have to take the entire cage out to weld it. I will be welding all the way around the flange and filling the gaps very well, so it will be plenty strong, without the risk of heat warpage. I will be adding 1/4" diamond plate gussets to the B-pillar, C-pillar spreader and lots of gussets to the A-pillar. I'm very impressed with how well PSC's stuff is cut out, barely had to do any modifications to make it fit, just some slight work with the tiger disc in 3 spots.

ok i'm tired...

Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
kolten493
2000 TJ Wrangler 

looks great so far man, i hope to get one as soon as i get a new tire carrier
Unread 07-26-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I stripped a torx on the passenger side firewall - anyone know the thread count and size of those bolts? I know its a UNF metric, but....I need a new one...I can get it off with channel locks, but its pretty much crap now. Figured i'd buy 6 hex heads, whatever the size, and get it over with.
Unread 07-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Day 2:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.