JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Fabrication Shop (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/)
-   -   For the people in central PA (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/people-central-pa-1156731/)

cklanish88mj 01-21-2011 09:40 AM

For the people in central PA

Hello all I just recently purchased a jmr tube bender and bend tech pro. I also have a new thermal arc fabricator 210 mig welder. I have for now just 1.5 4.75 clr 240 tube die for the bender and a 1in sq 3.75 clr 120 die. If any one is looking for some stuff made I am looking for practice before I start charging rate for jobs so if anyone want stuff out of tube or square you buy the material and pay for the cost of wire gas for the welder and throw me a couple bucks if see fit for my time take advantage of it Thanks allot.

squigy123 01-21-2011 02:02 PM

im altoona pa work at the rail shop there. i may use your bending services soon.

cklanish88mj 01-21-2011 04:02 PM

Cool you say you work at the rail shop. I called altoona pipe steel shop yesterday and tried to get a price on tube they told me they didn't sell tube. Then I got told buy someone who said they got tube off them the other week do you no by nechance if they do or dont? I want tube not pipe.

mferrari 01-22-2011 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cklanish88mj (Post 10829420)
cool you say you work at the rail shop i call alt pipe steel yesterday and tried to get a price on tube they told me they didnt sell tube then i got told buy some one who said they got tube off them the other week do you no by nechance i want tube not pipe.

I'm not a spelling and grammar master but you are making me look great. It might help if you do not make a giant run on sentence and use some punctuation. People can only help if they can understand what you are saying.

On another note, depending where you buy you may have to order in bulk. I know the companies we deal with if you don't buy in bulk the price would be out of the world.

cklanish88mj 01-22-2011 05:26 PM

Ya punctuation is a hard one when using a cell phone to make a reply. Thanks For the tip

jeeper96 01-22-2011 05:28 PM

Well this is central PA for ya...

cklanish88mj 01-22-2011 05:34 PM

To Everyone who reads this post I guess i am stepping on the boundaries of a "vendor" post. I am in no way trying to be a vendor. I just would like more practice than I can afford to do for my self is the reason for the post so by me saying throw me a couple bucks also for my time is if your see fit for the services provided thank you all.

oteps 01-24-2011 05:04 PM

I can understand him. They must have learned you different in those maryland schools. But I had to read his post 3 times to figure it out.

squigy123 01-24-2011 09:09 PM

best place that ive been using to by tube is chambersburg steel its down by snappys by the bald eagle exit. if you get off the I99 there and head towards phillipsburg its on the left.

pretty sure thats what its called. its before you start up the mountain. i just bought a 20ft piece of 2x2x3/16 square tube there.

altoona pipe and steel sucks

cklanish88mj 01-24-2011 09:23 PM

I actually just sent chambersburg a price inquire on some tube hope they get back to me quick. I actually can't believe how many people want stuff done. I called 5 different fab shops and steel places this week and it was like speaking to the auto parts store people for half of the places when asking for tube I got "yeah we got pipe " so after 20 mins of trying to explain i want tube not pipe I finally got "no we don't sell tube try so and so " Thanks for the tip though.

Boodyrider 01-24-2011 10:19 PM

If you ask for the actual product correctly, you may do better.
Here's a primer:
http://www.xxxoffroad.com/index.php?...eral&Itemid=46

Dunno in PA, but I am fortunate to have a local fab shop that sells most of the tube and plate I've used at reasonable prices. However, DOM often has to be purchased several sticks at a time to be economical, and is somewhat harder to find. A good fab shop should know what you mean if you call it 'DOM' rather than tube.

cklanish88mj 01-24-2011 10:26 PM

Yes I know what to ask for I was asking directly for dom or hrew after I asked for tube but it seems around here the sales staff at steel distributors are like the auto parts staff. The fab shops I did call knew what I wanted but didn't stock.There is also a great write up on the different types and strengths of tube on pirate4x4.

cklanish88mj 01-25-2011 11:30 AM

Does anyone know where to purchase round tube in central pa area I have called the area steel distributors and none of them sell round tube just square and rectangle and pipe.

cklanish88mj 01-25-2011 12:24 PM

Nevermind I found a supplier up in dubious pa named Armagost steel corp they gave me a price I cant turn away for there entire stock of 1.5 120 wall dom they had at the place.

The time now is 02:38 PM.