Opening my new shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Opening my new shop

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Opening my new shop

I am finally opening a shop. This shop is my starting point (You know the saying "We all have to start somewhere"?). I have been collecting tools (milling machine, lathe, MIG, TIG, grinders, Oxy/Acetylene, plasma cutter, etc..) for years in preparation of opening a motorcycle/off road fab shop. I am finally in a position to make my dream become a reality.

My long term goal is to have my hobby become my livelihood. I have a day job to support my family over the coming years while this grows.

I will be working on bikes, cars and 4x4s as well as building bumpers, sliders, tube fenders, handlebars, forward controls and anything else I can learn along the way.

I am by no means a professional fabricator but that is why I won't have to charge the professional fabricator prices. I will be charging enough to cover my overhead and use the rest to invest into the shop tools.

I have already purchased the Bend-tech Pro software and will be ordering my bender this week. I NEED PROJECTS.

I am just north of Montgomery, AL.

Hope to meet many fellow Jeepers soon.

Crispin

Cts6867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cts6867 View Post
I am finally opening a shop. This shop is my starting point (You know the saying "We all have to start somewhere"?). I have been collecting tools (milling machine, lathe, MIG, TIG, grinders, Oxy/Acetylene, plasma cutter, etc..) for years in preparation of opening a motorcycle/off road fab shop. I am finally in a position to make my dream become a reality.

My long term goal is to have my hobby become my livelihood. I have a day job to support my family over the coming years while this grows.

I will be working on bikes, cars and 4x4s as well as building bumpers, sliders, tube fenders, handlebars, forward controls and anything else I can learn along the way.

I am by no means a professional fabricator but that is why I won't have to charge the professional fabricator prices. I will be charging enough to cover my overhead and use the rest to invest into the shop tools.

I have already purchased the Bend-tech Pro software and will be ordering my bender this week. I NEED PROJECTS.

I am just north of Montgomery, AL.

Hope to meet many fellow Jeepers soon.

Crispin

Best of luck to you sir in your endeavor.
Unread 05-09-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
ThatWhiteJeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I'm 4 hours away in chattanooga but if your willing to do some differential work and teach a novice along the way, Id be happy to bring my jeep down and reimburse you for the time.
Unread 05-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I would be happy to help a fellow jeeper out. I'm no pro on diffs but I am sure we can get it done.

I got my lathe and mill hooked up today and the Model 53 bender with 1", 1.25", 1.5" and 1.75" dies and "The BEAST Notcher" ordered today. They should all be here in about 10 days! This is gonna be fun!
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Diamond-x
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Can't wait to see pics of your projects
Diamond-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The first project is getting the machines put into place and wired up. It was a late night but I was able to get the mill and lathe in place and working! These have been in storage for about 1.5 years so it was great to hear them running again.

Here is a picture so far.
medium.jpg  
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Motobilt
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on the new shop. I have been deep down that road. Let me know if I can ever give any advice.

-Dan DuBose
Unread 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #8
Helldorado Customs
Addicted...

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motobilt View Post
Congrats on the new shop. I have been deep down that road. Let me know if I can ever give any advice.

-Dan DuBose

Glad to see you back in the business Dan (as if you ever actually left). Took me awhile to remember that name but the Dothan, AL address rang a bell. I had talked with you many times over the phone while building my YJ using Blue Torch parts years ago. Cheers to small business :-)
Helldorado Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
jeepandoakley
1998 ZJ 

hey i bought a brush guard off craigslist but never got mounts for it. do you think that is some thing you could fabricate. all i know is the brand, and they went out of business so i cant order any.
jeepandoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #10
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Good luck. I go through that area about once a month. I may need some work one day.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepandoakley View Post
hey i bought a brush guard off craigslist but never got mounts for it. do you think that is some thing you could fabricate. all i know is the brand, and they went out of business so i cant order any.
I'm sure we can make it happen. Are you still in Mass? If you want to message me we can exchange numbers and get together.
Unread 06-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
Cts6867
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
Good luck. I go through that area about once a month. I may need some work one day.
Let me know when you need something, we can make it happen.

Crispin

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.