*Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread - Page 73 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > *Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #1081
cjjon7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
I can finally contribute to this thread. My cage isn't installed but it's all done but the paint.
This is a side shot with it all tacked in place to locate the sliders before tacking them in place.
Very nice work on the tie ins! I like the slider idea..

cjjon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #1082
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Thanks. Hope I never have to test them. I figure the tube step and plate will be my "crush zone" if I ever was to get T-boned.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #1083
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is exactly what I've been imagining in my head all day. It's perfect. I've looked at hundreds of cages, but this is spot on. It looks amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
Finally finished up my cage today. It's taken all winter but I can officially call it done since it's painted and back in the Jeep for the last time (I hope).

All 1.75x.120 DOM except the windshield spreaders which are 1.25 DOM

A-pillar tie-in

C-pillar tie-in

Unread 07-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #1084
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

image-2882306523.jpg

Here's mine nothing to complex....I just have to install it in the jeep which is gonna be a ***** because I can't get the one out that's in there now lol
Unread 07-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #1085
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiee
Here's mine nothing to complex....I just have to install it in the jeep which is gonna be a ***** because I can't get the one out that's in there now lol
No A pilar of any kind? Just the windshield frame. Beefs up the rest of the cage a bit but doesn't seem to address the main weakness of the stock cage.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2014, 08:49 PM   #1086
dougiee
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie
No A pilar of any kind? Just the windshield frame. Beefs up the rest of the cage a bit but doesn't seem to address the main weakness of the stock cage.
Lol I no i should have but I didn't want bars along the windshield...and shhhh don't tell anyone but it's mainly for looks haha...and I had to work with what I got a guy did it for me for pretty cheap.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.