Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

*Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread

567K views 1K replies 282 participants last post by  FunkSkunk 
#1 ·
Ok, it seems to be a well debated topic of how to build a cage for your jeep. So post up your ideas, questions, pics, whatever and lets see if we can create a central location for all this knowledge. :thumbsup:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
FunkSkunk said:
Ok, it seems to be a well debated topic of how to build a cage for your jeep. So post up your ideas, questions, pics, whatever and lets see if we can create a central location for all this knowledge. :thumbsup:
Who built this cage?? That's what I'm lookin to do for mine this summer.

#8 ·
good idea for a thread, this topic seems to come up often. My biggest point in cage design is strength. ALot of cages are built to look cool, and safety is an afterthought. Also, alot of people are tending to go with a lot of tubing in there cages and it ends up looking like a junglegym.

here is a link to the complete build of my cage, and all of the pics should be working now
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62878

Here are a few pics of my cage. Halo design, 2 inch DOM tubing, 6 direct frame tie in points

#13 ·
Has anyone used EWR instead of DOM? I have heard that EWR is just as strong and is a LOT cheaper. The only kicker is the weld seam has to be in just the right position for bending or it will kink or dare I say split. Any experiences? With the cost of steel these days, a guy hates to skimp but if it will work just as well.

#15 ·
You guys have anymore pics of tie in options for say my CJ5 or anytie in for that matter?

#16 ·
Why is this thread dying? This should be exploding with everyones views and opinions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.