*Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > *Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #61
KingGlamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychedelicdawg
Here are a few pics of my cage that we did this weekend using the stock hoop:

I like that idea and was thinking of doing something similar. Does anyone know what the wall thickness is of the factory roll bar?

KingGlamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 11:17 AM   #62
psychedelicdawg

you can see a write-up here if you are interested.
http://muddawg95yj.proboards23.com/i...num=1107186069
Unread 02-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #63
KingGlamis

Great story. Thanks.
KingGlamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 12:22 PM   #64
BzJeep
2001 WJ 

I've got a question about the PSC trail cages... I would like to put one in my Jeep but I'm wondering if the bar for the front to go to the ground will block my dash speakers... in the TJ version there is just a flat sheet of metal because the whole dash sticks out but in the YJ it is not like that so I'm wondering if they just continue the whole bar down to the floor...

Thanks!

[b]Green Jeep Club Member #16[/b]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/id/bzjeep[/url]
BzJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 12:27 PM   #65
tube yj
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would rather have a cage that went all the way to the floor and blocked a speaker, than a cheesy cage that used plate to attached to the dash area and continued onto the tub.

I have never heard of anyone that questioned a cage purchase because it blocked a speaker
tube yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:16 PM   #66
MugZy_YJ_94
ka-mai

2004 KJ Liberty 

how do you solve the problem of the cage blocking the e-brake? my jeep isn't a DD, but i need to keep it steed-legal, and in te e-brake pedal is blocked it won't pass inspection. i realy wanna get a cage soon, i wanna build from the existing rool cage. i know i need to ad at least a front hoop, 2 spreather bars and a dash bar. i think ia cross bar in the back hoop won't be a bad idea either. what else is needed? the jeep is a yj.
thanks

Now in the soccer mum class. Missing the YJ, but the KJ isn't bad...for now.
black jeepclub #35
MugZy_YJ_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 01:38 PM   #67
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugZy_YJ_94
how do you solve the problem of the cage blocking the e-brake? my jeep isn't a DD, but i need to keep it steed-legal, and in te e-brake pedal is blocked it won't pass inspection. i realy wanna get a cage soon, i wanna build from the existing rool cage. i know i need to ad at least a front hoop, 2 spreather bars and a dash bar. i think ia cross bar in the back hoop won't be a bad idea either. what else is needed? the jeep is a yj.
thanks
not sure about leaving the e-brake there, but i've seen them relocated with a hand lever to a different spot. just need the bracket for the lever and a spot to put it. it's just a cable pull so rerouting the cable shouldn't be that hard. my whole assembly is seized up so i was thinking about putting something like this in, possibly on the left side of the driver seat so i can keep the center console. maybe even put in a double pull until i swap axles and lock the rear.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2005, 02:31 PM   #68
saminwy

i think the bolt to dash sport cages do have a place. no, theres no where near the protection of a "real" cage. but there is some added protection, if nothing other than reinforcing the factory a pillar(windshield frame) is it going to maintain shape through a roll? probably not. will it keep the windshield out of your lap? good chance of it, certainly no worse off than stock. for a daily driver looking for some added protection-without loosing the use of window cranks, legroom, possibly rear seating depending on the design, to some its a bolt in or nothing at all.
saminwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #69
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

what ya think?..................................
cage4.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #70
FunkSkunk

1992 YJ Wrangler 

different cage...........................
cage5.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #71
FunkSkunk

1992 YJ Wrangler 

not so good, but another thought.......................
cage6.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2005, 12:14 PM   #72
FunkSkunk

1992 YJ Wrangler 

new take on the passenger side grab bar, I don't think i would have gone that far across the dash... probably would have made it stop at the first or second gauge on the cluster
grabbar.jpg  
Unread 02-21-2005, 01:11 PM   #73
BART CJ5

I don't think I would have gone with the exspence of powder coating. Also what is the point in a driver side grab handle?
4" lift, 4 corner DT3000's, 33x12.5R15 TSL on black steel 15x8's (2"b.s.), full cage, [COLOR=Silver]C.C.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]4X4[/COLOR] 3/16x2x4 rear frame, [COLOR=Silver]C.C.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]4X4[/COLOR] S.R.S, stretched wheel base, [COLOR=Silver]C.C.[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]4X4[/COLOR] front and rear bash bumpers, work in progress.
BART CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2005, 03:50 PM   #74
conway

Hey guys i gotta couple questions i was wondening what a good tube bender to buy i want to start messen around, i found one hear hows it sound MODEL 3 BENDER also how much and how hard is it to set it up for hydraulics( i know they sell a kit but i am not sure if that comes with the ram or anything more than just the mounting plate for the ram, i was wondering if i could just buy the stuff my self and set it up, and what i would need to buy) and is it actually worth it, also what size tube do most of you guys use

THANKS GUYS
conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #75
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway
Hey guys i gotta couple questions i was wondening what a good tube bender to buy i want to start messen around, i found one hear hows it sound MODEL 3 BENDER also how much and how hard is it to set it up for hydraulics( i know they sell a kit but i am not sure if that comes with the ram or anything more than just the mounting plate for the ram, i was wondering if i could just buy the stuff my self and set it up, and what i would need to buy) and is it actually worth it, also what size tube do most of you guys use

THANKS GUYS
you're gonna have to double that price to get the die with it just so you know.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.