*Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > *Official* Cage idea/pic/discussion thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 11-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #286
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah that jeep is sketch, I found most of those on Pirate. But honestly a lot of the guys on there knew the owner and that rig is solid and will go anywhere!! They've got some shots of jeeps crawlin' all over that sketch rig and it holds up to it all. Sometimes stupid booger welds will hold up, but as for me, I'm not gonna bet my life on it.

ps. that tube that is on the fender that looks like it's missing a piece, that actually swings back and connects to the B-pillar as a door bar.

Unread 11-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #287
GDTIME
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread. Lots of ideas!
- (rōō'bĭ-kŏn') - A limit that when passed or exceeded permits of no return and typically results in irrevocable commitment.
Project "Apocolypse": http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/04-rubi-build-thread-609162/
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #69
GDTIME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #288
welchct
1998 ZJ 

a few I have done recently

my TJ

and some customers

my old buggy (kind of counts)
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #289
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
whats with the boomerang? its not connected to anything and doesn't really serve any structural purpose....

other than that, looks good
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #290
welchct
1998 ZJ 

just for looks I guess. no real reason. I was just messing around when I did it.
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:01 PM   #291
Roknut
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine so far. Still have to add seat mounts and a removable basket for the rear.

Roknut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 12:07 AM   #292
FunkSkunk
Sold my soul to JeepForum

1992 YJ Wrangler 

azsCOOBY what seats are those? I can't figure it out? Thanks
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #293
Jeeppsycho223
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsCOOBY View Post

how much would you charge for somthing like this? i have a 90 YJ would i still be able to fit the back seat with head room.

Installed: |Cummins 4BT | Checy NV4500 | 37" BFG KM2's | XRC 8 Winch | Front | custom front stinger and rear tire carier| 4 linked rear with 16" FOA coilovers |

Coming Soon: | Regear | 3 or 4 link front with coilovers | new turbo | snorkle | custom overhead console | rock lights
Jeeppsycho223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #294
BlueTorch

During the FabStock Event this weekend we took the time to document the cage so that we can offer the cage in kit form. Below you will see pics of the cage built for the Jeep TJ. This cage will be offer in kit form very soon. We will be adding pricing and more information on the options we plan to offer. I thought I would go ahead and post up pics of the upcoming cage kit. Keep in mind this kit will be sold unwelded. We are looking at building a jig so we can preweld and freight ship if the customer does not have means to weld the cage.

We will be posting up more info very soon on this product. We hope to have this kit ready to ship in 3-4 weeks. be sure to check out our website.

(MODS... if this does not need to be posted here feel free to delete it.)

Dan

Check out our Facebook fan page!
www.facebook.com/bluetorchfab
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueTorch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #295
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

simple, functional and roll tested. the C pillars have been replaced by CJ style tubes
Unread 12-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #296
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Still adding on more as the days go by, but this is the basic layout for now.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #297
JaikYJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some of these are amazing, I am picking up a family style roll bar and I will be adding to that. I have some good ideas now from seeing some of these cages. Thanks for posting guys.
Unread 12-27-2008, 07:32 AM   #298
Fred99TJ

These are all awsome but where are XJ Cages?
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #299
mascun
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just got done reading most of 20 pages of this thread, and threads like this are yet another reason i love this site. I am making the run this year to EJS and after watching lots of videos of rollovers I need to do something to make the jeep safer if I were to roll. I like the idea of the or-fab and TXT cage designs that work off the stock roll bar, and would like to attempt this myself. My question is about the X pillar. Is there anyway I can add the an X pillar a lil further back from the B pillar. Because I am 6'2", I need the seats all the way back for the room. problem is, that puts the seatback past the B pillar which is where i see the X pillar in most pics. Plus, is using schedule 40 2" pipe really that bad of an idea? Obviously using DOM is the way to go but, I have 2 10' lengths of pipe, it is the same size as the stock cage, plus, isn't that what jeep probably used to build the stock cage anyway....i'm sure they didn't use DOM for the stock cage. Using pipe set-up correctly with gussets and bracing can only help the stock set-up.
http://www.indyorv.com/
mascun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #300
1Rustycj5
1980 CJ5 

So I have a question,

I own a 110 volt flux-cored wire-feed welder (Lincoln weld-pac 100) that I am pretty handy with and I was just wondering if its possible to custom fabricate a reliable roll cage for my cj5 with this type of welder?

Im not sure if the factory roll bar is a decent base to build off of or would you recommend tossing it out and starting with all new tube? I really want to put my skills to the test and I also want to be safe while doing so.

Thanks,
Marten
1Rustycj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.