I recently finished my PSC Trail Cage with upgrades:
- windshield bars replaced with 1.75x.120" DOM
- roll bar flanges welded to B-pillar, windshield bar fully butted to flange & welded - eliminating the bolt
- 1/4" gussets added to A-pillar
- 1/4" diamond plate gussets added to rear spreader
- 1.75x.120" DOM tied into speader & B-pillar
- Front cage was tacked in place, pulled out after support brackets were attached, then skip welded out of vehicle
- some warpage was seen, resulting in a 1/4" gap in the center spreaders to B-pillar junction, this was filled by turning up the wire speed and skip welding multiple passes & grinding, allowing time to cool.
- rear of cage was welded in place in vehicle, zero warpage seen here.
- Welds done with a Lincoln Electric 175 AMP, big spool of 0.030 solid wire and CO2/Argon mix.
- I've still got 2 sticks cut long enough to make a diagonal between B and C pillars....maybe next year...