Northern Industrial or Eastwood Mig Welder Experience - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Northern Industrial or Eastwood Mig Welder Experience

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
Snipeston
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Northern Industrial or Eastwood Mig Welder Experience

Anykne have any experience with the 140 mig welder from Northern Industrial from Northern Tool and Equipment? Or the Eastwood 135?

Unread 04-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
BPJOOP93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

A friend of mine owns a welder repair shop and has pallets full of northern tool welders and plasmas. JUNK. save up and get a blue or red machine. Eastwood no opinion don't know them at all.
BPJOOP93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
iwaxmyjimmy

Look into hobart too, very good priced and flawless operation. I got their handler 190 for $700 shipped at tractor supply

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
iwaxmyjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2014, 04:17 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

And the Hobart 210mvp. Looks like you're looking for a 110v mig, and the 210mvp can be plugged in to both 220 and 110 plugs. If you ever decided to install a 220 receptacle your all set.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

I have the Northern Mig 135, which looks identical to the Eastwood 135 except the color. I did extensive welding on my tub with anything from 22ga. to 14ga. and it worked great with .023 wire and gas. But for the thicker stuff like 3/16" and 1/4" it doesn't seem to get good penetration, even with .035 flux core. So it works good for the bodywork but it's certainly no Lincoln when it comes to the heavier stuff. The trigger is a bit touchy and the regulator is chincy. It depends on your needs for it. I've had it for about 2 years now.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
muddr1
1999 TJ Wrangler 

As said before, if this is something your interested in, spend the extra couple hundred bucks and get a quality welder. last year I bit it and bought a millermatic 180.
I can honestly say I have no regrets on this decision. I am now looking into a plasma cutter, and will get a good quality one.
taken care of it will last you long enough to pass on to your grandkids.
Thomas Edison Keep Calm,Chive On
muddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
mike_bfdr
1981 CJ8 

i got a eastwood welder about 2 weeks ago...... so far i love it..... for the price it was the best bang for the buck, i got my 175 gas w/ aluminum spool gun for $470 + shipping i used a miller 252 wish i could of got one but the price was toooo high for me right now so i looked in to a lincoln next was going to pull the trigger but got an e-mail from eastwood about there sail there were having the the 175 was cheap................ they have a 3 year warranty, well i had to call them cause i had a little issue with the gas staying on after i was welding, so i called them and there sending me out a new stinger and solenoid free of charge

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.