Noerthern Tools vs. Harbor Freight vs. Brand Name - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Noerthern Tools vs. Harbor Freight vs. Brand Name

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
RobinsonFam1
1998 ZJ 

like others have said. depends on the tool. i nabbed an impact gun on clearance ($20)at wally world. supposed to have 250# torque. i cant even break my lugs off and i put them on by hand at 110#. ugh
i have tons of stuff from both NT and HF.
the best are the misc tools and trays etc. magnetic trays: $4, dead blow: $5, small ratchets: $5, airhose reel: $15 etc...
the list goes on. for my everyday tools that take a beating i get the best i can afford.

RobinsonFam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
bryanm
1978 CJ5 

Just my 2 cents I teach High School Shop out of budget concerns I purchased 4 drill 2 - 1/2" chuck and 2 - 3/8" chuck drills from HF I bought the higher quality line they carry. I got the 4 drills for less than the cost of I Milwaukee that is in the shop -- have had no problems with them and they get abused. --- On the other hand I purchased a water pump for the greenhouse that I had to take back 3 times (no questions asked) before I got one that would run for more than an hour or so. All said I see both sides -------My biggest problem is they are made in China
bryanm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabrication , harbor freight , northern tool , reviews , tools

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.