Noerthern Tools vs. Harbor Freight vs. Brand Name - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Noerthern Tools vs. Harbor Freight vs. Brand Name

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #16
RobinsonFam1
1998 ZJ 

like others have said. depends on the tool. i nabbed an impact gun on clearance ($20)at wally world. supposed to have 250# torque. i cant even break my lugs off and i put them on by hand at 110#. ugh
i have tons of stuff from both NT and HF.
the best are the misc tools and trays etc. magnetic trays: $4, dead blow: $5, small ratchets: $5, airhose reel: $15 etc...
the list goes on. for my everyday tools that take a beating i get the best i can afford.

RobinsonFam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
bryanm
1978 CJ5 

Just my 2 cents I teach High School Shop out of budget concerns I purchased 4 drill 2 - 1/2" chuck and 2 - 3/8" chuck drills from HF I bought the higher quality line they carry. I got the 4 drills for less than the cost of I Milwaukee that is in the shop -- have had no problems with them and they get abused. --- On the other hand I purchased a water pump for the greenhouse that I had to take back 3 times (no questions asked) before I got one that would run for more than an hour or so. All said I see both sides -------My biggest problem is they are made in China
bryanm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fabrication , harbor freight , northern tool , reviews , tools

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.