newb question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > newb question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 07-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
yjhunter
1990 YJ Wrangler 

newb question

i have a 90 yj laredo and after doing alot of browsing around here, i was wondering, the easiest looking(and cheapest) way to lift my yj would be to put the axels under the springs. but is it safe to do that? i really dont know a thing about lifts and things like that. and if i was to do that would the driveshaft in the rear have too much angle? i mean is it really that simple, just put the axel under instead of over the leafs?

yjhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
Jeep_tj_97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

you would have more help in the YJ section!
Jeep_tj_97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #3
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The YJ section would be approprite. However a SOA (spring over axle) conversion is extremely common. Lots of vehicles come stock with a SOA setup, including XJ's. The problem with a YJ is the front is also a leaf spring suspension, and you would have steering interference with a SOA axle without some type of high steer setup, which is why (at least one reason) they came that way from the factory.
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.