New Rockers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > New Rockers

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-18-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
Natter4WD

New Rockers

So got some very nice pieces of angle iron measured @ 4"x6"x3/8" and on the corner it is a full 1/2" thick from down the street where they are building a new school in our neighborhood. Knocked on the foremans trailer and he said take what ever you can fit in your Jeep. It's all scraps now. Just what I have been looking and waiting for. :-) Also have plenty of 1.5 round from previous projects. Looks like the whole project may just cost time and $$ for the bolts and the countersunk bit. Got it finished for the most part. All I need to do now is get the Step bar bent and welded up. This was much easier and faster than the custom bumpers I built. Let me now what you think. or

Natter4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #2
ZickZJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natter4WD
So got some very nice pieces of angle iron measured @ 4"x6"x3/8" and on the corner it is a full 1/2" thick from down the street where they are building a new school in our neighborhood. Knocked on the foremans trailer and he said take what ever you can fit in your Jeep. It's all scraps now. Just what I have been looking and waiting for. :-) Also have plenty of 1.5 round from previous projects. Looks like the whole project may just cost time and $$ for the bolts and the countersunk bit. Got it finished for the most part. All I need to do now is get the Step bar bent and welded up. This was much easier and faster than the custom bumpers I built. Let me now what you think. or

Click free

97' ZJ, SOLD
ZickZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
WingnuTJ

Nice! Free scrap!
You know what they say......
One mans Junk is another mans Treasure!
Jeep ON!
Unread 05-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #4
JJs99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

looks nice, but 3/8" and 1/2" thick??? kinda overkill?

then again, hard to complain with free material
JJs99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.