New garage with lift! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > New garage with lift!

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #31
timmysyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You would'nt happen to live in B.C. do you? I was stationed in Alberta last year and a couple of us were on our way to Spokane WA when our car broke down in a town called Creston.

Too bad you could'nt have added a patio off of the roof to get away from everything, but still enjoy the smell of grease and oil! Keep us posted, this look's like it's going to great when done!

timmysyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #32
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmysyj View Post
You would'nt happen to live in B.C. do you? I was stationed in Alberta last year and a couple of us were on our way to Spokane WA when our car broke down in a town called Creston.

Too bad you could'nt have added a patio off of the roof to get away from everything, but still enjoy the smell of grease and oil! Keep us posted, this look's like it's going to great when done!
Well, there you go- 6 degrees of separation!! Creston it is.

The patio- is actually a big deck and is under a beautiful blue sky today. Bud time this afternoon at 5:00 pm.
Unread 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #33
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Today's progress.

Mezanine and rafters for the garage all done. Now the beam for the carport and rafters for the carpot. Steel roofing electrical then hoist.

Unread 05-31-2009, 10:31 PM   #34
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Well it took longer than I thought but I got the gable ends sheeted. Kind of difficult for my wife to lend a hand but a couple of times she made the difference between getting the job done and stopping early for beer ;-)

Went shopping for more building supplies and did some clean up. Karen picked up a hundred or more nails from the slab used for temporary bracing, and the like. Now the scaffold rolls nicely. BTW- rent those wheels for the scaffold. It is way easier on the body than heaving all that steel scaffolding around- all the time!

Unread 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #35
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Got the posts and beam up for the carport and layed up a test rafter... Man that thing was heavy to get up by myself!

Unread 06-03-2009, 06:46 AM   #36
DT5150
1983 CJ7 

insanely jealous...
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:16 PM   #37
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT5150 View Post
insanely jealous...
Yeah me too. I can't believe its actually in my back yard!
Thanks! After 13 years of engine swaps, tranny swaps, and rather regular vehicle repairs being done all outside in the rain and snow I feel almost guilty of spending so much time and $$$ on this. But, why not? We only live once so we may as well go for it!
Unread 06-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #38
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Building inspection tomorrow!! Framing to be more accurate...

Unread 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #39
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Building inspection tomorrow!! Framing to be more accurate...

Last edited by jeepsterjc; 06-04-2009 at 10:51 AM..
jeepsterjc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
NiCk-
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that is very nice

RC 4.5" with ADJ. Trac Bar
33" BFG All Terrains on Cragar Soft 8's
NiCk- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #41
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCk- View Post
Wow that is very nice
The garage passed the inspection- so that's it for town scrutiny. Now, back to work. Here's a pic of the progress to Sunday night. The little small jobs that need to get done before simple big jobs sure can suck time. I din't get to roofing until Sunday 3:00 PM... worked until 7:00 PM.

I'm going to use red metal for the entire exterior structure and the white primed cement 4x8 sheets of siding that I've already purchased will go inside instead of drywall. I'm also going to coat the floor with white epoxy.

Does anyone have a recommendation about cost vs quality for the epoxy floor coating?

Unread 06-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #42
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That will be a sweet set up! I'm very envious

It's been a dream of mine, but alas ... no space at the existing digs.

binski
binski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #43
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation about cost vs quality for the epoxy floor coating?
well i bought the cheap stuff at the depot ('1' part epoxy). Its ok, but i beat the hell out of it, and it will flake and bubble if water sits on it for more than a couple hours. I would either go with a 2 part epoxy, or have some guy come do it for $$$$$. The end result is that it works ok, and i never 'clean' the floor, just vacuum up the dust and chunks. It looked nice at first, and still looks ok after about 7yrs of abuse.

jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #44
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
well i bought the cheap stuff at the depot ('1' part epoxy). Its ok, but i beat the hell out of it, and it will flake and bubble if water sits on it for more than a couple hours. I would either go with a 2 part epoxy, or have some guy come do it for $$$$$. The end result is that it works ok, and i never 'clean' the floor, just vacuum up the dust and chunks. It looked nice at first, and still looks ok after about 7yrs of abuse.
Thanks for the pics and the thoughts on the epoxy coating. The local home builder has the 2 part epoxy coating in grey only- no white. I hope to find some white 2 part epoxy somewhere. It looks like it'll cost me about $200 to do the job. Here is the progress from work tonight!

Unread 06-08-2009, 11:51 PM   #45
Morgen251
2010 JK Wrangler 

I hate you. I really, really hate you.

But love your garage.

BUILD:
Rubi Rocker Guards; 32" Mastercraft MTs; Teraflex 2.5" Coil Spring Lift; JKS Quick Discos; JKS Front & Rear Adj Trackbars; JKS Ex Rear Swaybar links; Zone Nitro Shocks; 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers; Poison Spyder Evap Skid; Cobra 75WXST; 3' Firestick quick disco; Rugged Ridge XHD Fr Bumper; Tuffy Underseat Drawer; 6" KC Long Range Hilites; Superchips Flashpaq, Crown Extended brake lines

WISH LIST: Front LCAs, Winch, 6" KC Driving Lights, Deep Cycle Battery
Morgen251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
garage , garage build , garage built write-up , lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.