New garage with lift! - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > New garage with lift!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #181
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UABYJ94 View Post
Just read every page and that is an impressive job you did with most of it by yourself.
Awesome layout and design to save waste.. Giving thumbs up for this thread ..
Cool. I think this was my 1st thumbs up I've every recieved. Thanks!

Unread 10-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #182
josh25050
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice shop....but....WHATS THE CATCH?....i mean i dont know any man that gets away with building a dream shop like you did with out buying a $3000.00 ring later....i know i bet your mother inlaw is moving in but she has'nt told you yet...lol any way ..I envy you .
josh25050 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #183
Coiz
1979 CJ7 

Man-o-man I don't know how I haven't seen this until now. I can only dream of the day when I can have a garage like that. Simply Awesome!

I thought you were in Creston IL, not BC. I thought I was going to get the chance to see the Scrambler Hybrid in person, I guess not.
Coiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #184
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsterjc View Post
Well it is over a year since I started the garage build but it has been in use for various projects for about 8 months. The epoxy floor has taken a beating but I like it more than no coating. I have a scratch Scrambler build started with 1 ton axles, H2 rims with 39s, 4 corner coils, and in a day or three will be tearing the into the 1995 axles.

Check out the Lazy-Boy in the second pic!!! Oh yeah!!!

I'll probably hire a student to help me finish the vapor barrier and cement board interior sheathing in a week or so.
Is that Lazy Boy for study and meditation during the work? Been watching this thread since you broke ground and have enjoyed it very much. Having a place to work and keep your tools sure makes the work go better. I'm sure you're proud of what you have there, I would be if it were mine.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #185
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh25050 View Post
Very nice shop....but....WHATS THE CATCH?....i mean i dont know any man that gets away with building a dream shop like you did with out buying a $3000.00 ring later....i know i bet your mother inlaw is moving in but she has'nt told you yet...lol any way ..I envy you .
Thanks
My wife has watched me swap engines in the winter outside. Do brake jobs in the rain and generally see me miserable often enough to feel sympathy for me I guess. Any how, no, no dense carbon blobs surrounded by gold or anything like that as a bribe to the wife. She's very supportive.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:44 PM   #186
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiz View Post
Man-o-man I don't know how I haven't seen this until now. I can only dream of the day when I can have a garage like that. Simply Awesome!

I thought you were in Creston IL, not BC. I thought I was going to get the chance to see the Scrambler Hybrid in person, I guess not.
Thanks a lot. Yeah, I thought you wanted a looong road trip! You're always welcome to come for a visit to Creston, BC though.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:48 PM   #187
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Is that Lazy Boy for study and meditation during the work? Been watching this thread since you broke ground and have enjoyed it very much. Having a place to work and keep your tools sure makes the work go better. I'm sure you're proud of what you have there, I would be if it were mine.
Hi Jim. You know, I get in that chair with the radio on and the next thing I know is that my beer is gone, I'm waking up, I need to wipe the drool off my chin and I'm being called for dinner or lunch.
It has been 17 or 18 years since my last garage. It sure makes the jobs easier to do.
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #188
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Hi Jim. You know, I get in that chair with the radio on and the next thing I know is that my beer is gone, I'm waking up, I need to wipe the drool off my chin and I'm being called for dinner or lunch.
It has been 17 or 18 years since my last garage. It sure makes the jobs easier to do.
Sounds like you know how to enjoy yourself. Might want to get another chair, you might just have a guest stop by someday, some of us like long road trips.

My build thread
Unread 10-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #189
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
Sounds like you know how to enjoy yourself. Might want to get another chair, you might just have a guest stop by someday, some of us like long road trips.
How about a hamock strung between the hoist posts! There's always room and beer here for a Jeep consirator!
Unread 10-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #190
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
How about a hamock strung between the hoist posts! There's always room and beer here for a Jeep consirator!
A hammock huh. Now that's what I call rollig the red carpet out for guest.

Someday I'd like to add onto my shop and was rolling that around in my head today thinking of how I could use some of your ideas if I do that. Very nice set up you have.

My build thread
Unread 04-30-2011, 07:30 AM   #191
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Just found this thread as I am considering what to do with my garage.

This is awesome!

You should be really proud of yourself, this looks great.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #192
jeepsterjc
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ8 

Quote:
A hammock huh. Now that's what I call rollig the red carpet out for guest.

Someday I'd like to add onto my shop and was rolling that around in my head today thinking of how I could use some of your ideas if I do that. Very nice set up you have.
I've rolled out the red carpet. Can you see it coming up your driveway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff88 View Post
Just found this thread as I am considering what to do with my garage.

This is awesome!

You should be really proud of yourself, this looks great.
Hey, thanks a lot! How are the garage plans going? One piece of advice and I confess that I am lame with the advice part... Try to get most (as much as possible plus a bit more...) of the building done before you move in!
Unread 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #193
Tural
1999 XJ Cherokee 

you're really living the dream. i stayed up last night reading both your garage thread and build thread. excellent work.
Tural is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
garage , garage build , garage built write-up , lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.