New fabrication toys! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > New fabrication toys!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

New fabrication toys!

A few days ago I picked up my new welding machine. I was holding out for the new Dynasty 280 but ended up weighing my options and going with the Dynasty 200DX. I'm starting a mobile welding gig on my days off from my regular job and the portability of the 200DX and the ability to run it off of my Trailblazer were big reasons as to why I went with the 200. The fact that it was about $1600 less than the new 280DX was a big plus as well.

Being that this is JeepForum I know pictures are a must so here they are.

Here is the torch I went with. For mobile applications the foot control is a bit cumbersome. I decided to go with a new CK finger control for out of position welding.

Kenbo-Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
140mower
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Nice piece of kit you've got there, congratulations, of course now we need pics of some of your work. A tig is on my wish list, but for now when I feel the need to dip in a puddle I break out the oxy/acetylene torches, my poor mans tig.

Don
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I started the "show off your welds" thread. I have some older pictures of my work when I got into welding. As for newer stuff, I'll try to get some soon!
Unread 11-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

Nice toys!! Now I hate you a little..

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Trailblazers are awesome welders. I know a number of the welders around me own them and dont have any problems. My father inlaw has 3 of them 2 are older and finally wore out different parts probably will take them and make 1 good machine.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESRK View Post
Nice toys!! Now I hate you a little..
At least you'll be in good company!

Here was my first shot with the new hand control and no pulse.

This machine is pretty incredible. The PPS (pulses per second) is fully adjustable and the main pulsing amps as well as background pulsing amps are fully adjustable. I can't wait to see what I can do with this new TIG.
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thantos858 View Post
Trailblazers are awesome welders. I know a number of the welders around me own them and dont have any problems. My father inlaw has 3 of them 2 are older and finally wore out different parts probably will take them and make 1 good machine.

I'm happy with the trailblazer. I got a killer deal on it. The original plan was to use it so I didn't have to wire 220 to the garage..... Well I ended up doing that today because a nice, almost silent welding operation is fantastic.
Unread 11-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Here is one more with the pulse. I was rushing through these to show my dad how the new machine works. He stopped by to see it.

Unread 11-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Millers and macs, this dudes got it going on!

Pretty impressive. Maybe it does not need to be said but, the razors are welded at the sharp end, the infinite edge is .000000" at the middle of the weld.

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #10
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Millers and macs, this dudes got it going on!

Pretty impressive. Maybe it does not need to be said but, the razors are welded at the sharp end, the infinite edge is .000000" at the middle of the weld.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I've never tried it before so I figured it would be a good test for the Dynasty. You know, to see if it deserved the hype. Haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.