Need some help or advice on seat brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Need some help or advice on seat brackets

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Outrigger
1978 CJ7 

Need some help or advice on seat brackets

Have a 1978 CJ7 with an aftermarket fiberglass tub that I just put on. Pretty much the same as the original tub, no difference where the seats mount. Just bought a new set of Bestop Traiailmax II reclining seats. Anyone ever adapt them to the original seat risers and if so, what was the best way to do it?
The new seat mount locations are much wider and spaced farther apart than the stock ones were on the risers.
Still have the old seats and frames, plenty of tools including welders, Just trying to adapt the new seats to the stock risers. Looks like the flat bottoms of the new seats will roll the seat too far "up" in the front no matter what I do. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Outrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
thantos858
Web Wheeler
1974 CJ5 

Some pictures would help. I cant really picture what your saying. As for the front being to high you should be able to cut the back down some and add to the front if its really needed.
thantos858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Your gonna have to fabricate some brackets, flip the seats up and put the OEM brackets up to em & just make what ya need.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.