Need some fab advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Need some fab advice

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
adman02
1979 CJ7 

Need some fab advice

Recently bought a new-to-me 8274 to use on my CJ7. Didn't want to pay the $170+ for a mounting bracket from Warn, so I scoured craigslist and found an old Warn bracket for an 8274 for $75. The only problem is the guy only has universal mounts for the mounting plate.

Is there any way to turn these into suitable mounting brackets?

Mounting brackets that don't fit:

The winch mounting plate:

Appreciate any help you guys can offer.

adman02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

You might be able to redrill those side plates to catch the 2 big holes in the side of the CJ's frame. Once those are in place, you can mark/drill the main winch plate to bolt it down to those side plates.

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
adman02
1979 CJ7 

Thanks, BESRK. I ended up ordering some proper CJ rail brackets from Warn. I probably could have cobbled something together as you instructed, but don't know that I would have trusted the end product.

Want a pair of frame rail brackets?
adman02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.