Need an idea on how to fasten drawer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > Need an idea on how to fasten drawer

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
zboss86
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Need an idea on how to fasten drawer

Building a slide out drawer. Thought I'd pop rivet them in, but it looks like crap. Guess I may could use a shorter rivit and pop it from the other side...

drawer.jpg  
Unread 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Please explain where you are trying to mount the drawer. If it's steel to steel you could rossette weld it. I'm the slow kid I need more info. Ron
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
zboss86
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's just a metal drawer that's mounted to some ball bearing sliders. It's going into a cart. Yeah, I thought about plug welding it, but wasn't sure if the weld would adhere to the slider or not. Not sure if the slider is galvanized or what it is. The picture is poor quality, but you can see the rivets sticking out inside the drawer.
Unread 05-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
lar308

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Are the sliders ferris? You can check with an magnet. If it's ferris you can plug weld them. Sorry it took me so long to answer, my computer went down. Ron
lar308 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.