My Torchmate CNC Plasma Table - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > My Torchmate CNC Plasma Table

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 10-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #76
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

It's been a while since I updated this thread. Here's another item I now make for the "DIYer". This is a spare tire spacer assembly that YOU have to weld together. People love making/welding their own stuff, so I figured why not make a spare tire spacer so you can mount a larger spare on your OEM tire carrier. Has "location slots" so assembly is a no brainer. Just fit the pieces together, tack in place, then melt it all together. Takes about 5 minutes to build.

Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #77
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Keen looking brackets Jeremy. I'd also weld them where the locator tabs come through that way you could grind it flat to keep the water out of the joint. Makes for a nice look too. Good job on the cutting too.

My build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ji...build-1093702/
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #78
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
Keen looking brackets Jeremy. I'd also weld them where the locator tabs come through that way you could grind it flat to keep the water out of the joint. Makes for a nice look too. Good job on the cutting too.
Thanks Jim! Appreciate the compliments! This may interest you a bit..... I have branched out in to the target industry. I cut up a whole bunch of AR500 targets out of 3/8" steel and sold them all in 1 day at our local range. The weather has been beautiful, so people are now starting to get out to the range and pound that lead. Here are some targets I just threw up on my EBay store. I opened a new store (discount_targets), but I don't think I'm going to use that account just yet.

These are just regular gong targets for pistols and light caliper rifles. Made from 1/4" A36 plate. I hope they are good sellers....

Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

Unread 10-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #79
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatepper

Thanks Jim! Appreciate the compliments! This may interest you a bit..... I have branched out in to the target industry. I cut up a whole bunch of AR500 targets out of 3/8" steel and sold them all in 1 day at our local range. The weather has been beautiful, so people are now starting to get out to the range and pound that lead. Here are some targets I just threw up on my EBay store. I opened a new store (discount_targets), but I don't think I'm going to use that account just yet.

These are just regular gong targets for pistols and light caliper rifles. Made from 1/4" A36 plate. I hope they are good sellers....
Hey, if you get around to making more AR500 gongs... I'd love to buy one off of ya. Anything around 4"... PM when you do.
Unread 10-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #80
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by athos76 View Post
Hey, if you get around to making more AR500 gongs... I'd love to buy one off of ya. Anything around 4"... PM when you do.
Give me a week. I will PM you now though. I already bought the steel, just waiting for it to come in. Thanks.

BTW...see your from Ft. Lauderdale. My hometown. I'm from Coral Springs really. Left when I was 18 when I joined the Marine Corps. My parents live in Delray and I was just up there 3 weeks ago.

Unread 10-31-2011, 06:31 AM   #81
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

I like the targets! By the looks of it there's some silhouette targets too. I may be needing to add to my shooting pretty soon.

Looks like you're getting some good cuts too.

My build thread
Unread 10-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #82
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I like the targets! By the looks of it there's some silhouette targets too. I may be needing to add to my shooting pretty soon.

Looks like you're getting some good cuts too.
Yep... These are spec'd 1/5 scale of NRA silhouettes. I have a set of 20 coming your way (5 rams, 5 chickens, 5 turkeys, and 5 pigs). I still owe ya.

Unread 10-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #83
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

MAN!!! I was on the phone reading this and almost got excited in placing an order on something else.

THANK YOU!!!! Me and the grandkids will have fun with those.

My build thread
Unread 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #84
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
MAN!!! I was on the phone reading this and almost got excited in placing an order on something else.

THANK YOU!!!! Me and the grandkids will have fun with those.
No sweat Jim. Glad to return favors when I can.

Unread 11-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #85
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Some silhouette knock-down targets I cut out. These are 1/5 NRA scale...

Unread 12-20-2011, 08:42 PM   #86
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

I got a couple more things cut out today. First thing I cut out are some spare tire mounting plates for Jeep tire carrier bumpers. Made from 3/8" steel and can accommodate virtually any spare tire your tire carrier can support. I pierce out the stud location and drill them out. Just another item to add to my EBay store. Eventually, I'm going to make entire DIY tire carrier kits to include "T" handle latches, receivers (bumper receiver and upper receiver for adjustable tire arms), tire plates, etc. The whole idea will be for the person to just have to buy the bulk steel to build their bumper.

I already got the Crabtree YJ shackle hangers for my CJ about 4 or 5 months ago. Then last week I also got all the greasable hardware and bushings from Jim Crabtree to make my own boomerang shackles. Along with the above tire plate, I also cut out my shackles this evening (just one pair...waiting for someone to tell me whats wrong with them haha) and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some YJ springs here in the next couple of weeks. Center to center of the mounting holes is exactly 5", so it should be more like a 1" lift shackle. Let me know what you guys think. I won't be selling these as there are already a ton of people who do. These are just for my personal use.

I'm starting to get pretty good with this whole CNC cutting process. I have nailed down all my settings and I can cut most materials with zero/minimal deflection (bevel) and little to no dross. Only took about 5 months of practice though

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #87
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Not my cup of tea...but whatever I guess
img_0111.jpg  

Unread 01-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #88
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Few more items adding to my EBay store. I'm going to cut out a bunch of other stuff this morning/afternoon....

Unread 01-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #89
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Made a JK cb antenna mount. Added it to my EBay store. Pretty simple design that is very similar to everyone else's. The only difference is the price

Unread 01-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #90
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Very nice! I'll be ordering one of those poker nite signs off your ebay one of these days.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.