My FREE Welding Cart - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Fabrication Shop > My FREE Welding Cart

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #1
pstack3315

1998 ZJ 

My FREE Welding Cart

Well when I first got my welder a few months ago, I had it sitting on a cut-down moving dolley. Today I decided to chop up and old weight lifting bench I had laying around to make a new cart for my welder.

The base

then added the side supports

Not too bad I dont think. Only my 2nd time using this welder. (what looks like spatter on the left side is actually bubbled paint. I only ground the powercoat of the immediate weld area)

the general idea minus the tank mount

All Painted

All finished and tucked away

I think it turned out pretty good, and I feel alot better having the welder off the floor and right at arms lenght for adjustments. Also wheels easily wih 1 finger. WHat do ya guys think for my first project?

1998 Jeep ZJ -3.5", RC Quick Discos, Eagle Alloys, 31 BFG A/T KO's, Painted Cladding, CB, Panasonic HU, Infinity 6022i Speakers, Infinity 1250 Sub, Blaupunkt Amp, Taurus E-Fan, KOR Rad Support, Rear Recovery Point, Rancho Shocks, Flowmaster 40, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Diehard Platnium Battery, (4) 6" Roof Lights, Roof Basket, RC HD Adjustable Front Trac Bar
pstack3315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
SBC-YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

looks solid, work smarter not harder. if i had a larger welder id be worried, but i got a miller suitcase. you actually gave me an idea to use the metal from a weight bench. i have 2 in my attic.
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

looks good and the best part is it's free and you made it yourself!
i just baught my first mig welder 2 weeks ago (hobart 187) and can't wait to start building little projects like this. your cart has me thinking about that old toolbox in the back of my garage haha... thanks for the idea
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 03:00 AM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure you run a piece of chain or something around that tank. Looks good.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
pstack3315

1998 ZJ 

theres a piece of wire for now (cant see it). Lowes was closed by the time I got done. Getting some chain today .

Thanks guys
1998 Jeep ZJ -3.5", RC Quick Discos, Eagle Alloys, 31 BFG A/T KO's, Painted Cladding, CB, Panasonic HU, Infinity 6022i Speakers, Infinity 1250 Sub, Blaupunkt Amp, Taurus E-Fan, KOR Rad Support, Rear Recovery Point, Rancho Shocks, Flowmaster 40, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, Diehard Platnium Battery, (4) 6" Roof Lights, Roof Basket, RC HD Adjustable Front Trac Bar
Unread 10-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good!,i made my cart from an old universal weight machine we had before we bought a bowflex.

Just a thought.may want to put some sides on top where the machine sits,so it won't ever slip off of it and hit the floor hard.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #7
karlo

Looks solid. I think it's good to have a handle so you can easily push/pull it.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
pstack3315

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlo View Post
Looks solid. I think it's good to have a handle so you can easily push/pull it.
Definitly a good idea, Have to find some more metal for that as well as making little sides on the top shelf so the welder doesn't fall off. I mean its heavy, but there is always that chance!

and to the guys that were gonna build you own-Post em up when ya finish em!
Unread 10-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #9
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

My cart i built recently from an old Universal weight machine,all from scrap steel,the little angle used for the pull handle is 1 1/2 " angle from an old bedframe,people throw them out and i collect them,you wouldn't beleive the things i make out of them ..lol
I have i think maybe 20.00 in the cart,thats what i payed for the front wheels for it,the back wheels are from an old push mower,i needed something that would roll around on grass and dirt/sand since i have no big shop yet,all i have at the moment is a 14x14 storage shop/shed to store all my tools and equipment,will be building a 40x60 shop soon though.
I built the cart a little higher than most people do,the bottom of the welder is about 4 foot high which is about the same height as my temporary work table,i wanted the extra shelves to haul around different types of wire spools and extra tools with it,the bottle is chained in.
I have yet to paint the cart,just got off a long hours nightshift Nuclear power plant outage,so had no time yet.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
pstack3315

1998 ZJ 

looks good ironworker. I like that yours is up high like that. And good choice on wheels if yours will be used outside n stuff

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.